Senior KYC Team Lead - QC- Sydney
Senior KYC Team Lead - QC- Sydney
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
As the heart of our company, the Operations Department is made up of different teams which collaborate in order to ensure that new customers, transactions and processes run smoothly and safely in our network.
If you want to develop your professional career in Finance and join an international environment, this is your place. Ready to join the revolution?
This is a unique opportunity to join an award-winning, rapidly growing FX and Payments company at a key point in business expansion.
Working as part of the Client Onboarding team from our office in Sydney you will be responsible for conducting initial customer due diligence on corporate and private clients brought on by our sales teams across Asia Pacific region and around the world.
The role is fast-paced and demanding, and attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure are a necessity. All work will be conducted in English and fluency in both written and verbal, is essential. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, as they will need to communicate with colleagues globally.
- Performing quality control (“4-eyes”) checks on CDD and EDD files for both new and existing clients, and be accountable for the accuracy and completion of checks, in line with process and procedure
- Analyzing customer relationships, documentation, activity patterns, and transactions to detect potential suspicious activity or activity that is not consistent with the client’s profile, and escalating as appropriate
- Day-to-day management of the team responsible for performing CDD, QC and EDD on new and existing accounts.
- Develop and refine processes to ensure that procedures are being performed fully and to the highest standard (including monitoring and spot check routines)
- Identify potential and emerging risks and make recommendations on operational process and system improvements
- Working cooperative with Quality Assurance Second Line and other internal departments
- Maintain accurate and appropriate operating processes for the team. Ensure that rules are applied consistently inside the quality control function
- Acting as point of escalation within team for queries and/or to resolve issues
- Use critical thinking to provide efficient solutions to problems impacting the wider team, which take into account scalability, efficiency, service and risk
- Contribute to the improvement of processes by providing ideas and feedback that strike a balance between efficiency and risk
- Support in ad-hoc projects within the department and wider business, as required
- Build and maintain strong relationships with other departments (AML and Sanctions, Compliance, Sales, Development etc.)
The successful candidate will be:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience leading a team
- A solid understanding of CDD/KYC/AML processes and requirements, including the regulatory basis for these.
- Experience in testing and assurance work an advantage (sample selection and testing techniques)
- Clear communication and reporting skills (to report back to management)
- Detail-oriented, with a keen eye for errors, and an analytical mind able to identify patterns of inconsistency
- Proactive and highly organised, able to work to deadlines, multi-task, and prioritise and re-prioritise workload as needed, in line with business requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Empathetic, with good interpersonal skills
- Passionate about people, with a drive to support the learning and development of staff at all levels
- Numbers-driven, with an understanding of how to use metrics to monitor and manage team performance