Regulatory Operations Manager
Regulatory Operations Manager
Ebury is a FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes, allowing small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009 as a startup, today we are positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector and have even reached Unicorn Status! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 multicultural staff from 50+ nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients everyday.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
But none of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Young, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
Responsibility of the Role:
- The role is to provide guidance and oversight on regulatory reporting matters across several global entities and branches
- The Regulatory Operations team coordinate all regulatory reporting matters on behalf of the Ebury group, including but not limited to financial reporting, jurisdictional safeguarding, trade repository reporting(forwards and swaps) and transaction reporting
- The role requires a candidate who understands regulatory safer guiding processes and governance
- The candidate will assist in the over right of regulatory matters across EMEA
- The candidate will assist in leading regulatory reviews and working with an accomplished leadership team to help build and further develop the governance and structure to new regions
- The candidate will be required to assist in designing and implementing various policies, and working with senior stakeholders to implement processes. The candidate will be a key member of the management team to develop the regulatory operations and operating models to allow progress and development into new countries
- Global review of reporting obligations for all Ebury entities, this will require Rules to Gap mapping across all entities
- Policy design for new entities ensuring this meets all regulatory requirements
- Process design and implementation
- Review of existing processes and procedural enhancements
- Work with various stakeholders across the business to effect change (Tech, Operations, Finance, Compliance)
- Conduct risk assessments and establish appropriate risk-based controls including design of regular management information and metrics
- Manage license reporting obligations and downstream related processes ensuring timely reporting to regulators and other external third parties, such as auditors and banks
- Act as single point of contact for regulatory matters and provide assistance to the business in the resolution of regulatory breaches
- Lead training and maintaining a culture of operational compliance
- The below requirements are valued and not mandatory:
- Preferable to have experience of working in client money safeguarding under CASS, E-money, ASIC, or US Transmission Liability regulations
- Experience with MiFID and EMIR reporting also advantageous
- Understand the Payments industry in particular the regulatory requirements of operating within this business line
- Experience of building relationships with Regulators, auditors and various internal stakeholders
- International experience will be of interest although not essential and / or languages
- Successful people management and project management skills
- Strong people skills as the candidate will need to be able to effect change across the business entities, particularly around allocation of resources
- Strong communication skills very important - role will require communication across different levels, from junior to senior management. The role requires someone who is confident and clear, and can read/adapt to the audience