Head of Risk EEA
Head of Risk EEA
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
- Ensuring the Firm maintains appropriate risk registers in line with the Firm's strategic objectives.
- Chairing monthly Risk Committee meetings with senior internal stakeholders to spotlight Risk incidents, evolving Risk and Control trends, and progress on key actions and mitigation plans.
- Proposing remedial actions / mitigating measures for risks identified or changes in regulations for areas under responsibility.
- Overseeing and communicating risk objectives by educating and embedding the risk components of the risk framework across the Firm.
- Maintaining strong relationships with Group Risk, Compliance, Internal Audit and senior stakeholders to strengthen the Internal Controls.
- In conjunction with Compliance and Internal Audit,Conduct ad hoc reviews or special investigations whenever appropriate or requested.
- Where necessary communicate with the regulators and ensure that they receive timely and accurate reporting.
- Adopt a forward-looking approach to better identify and anticipate emerging risks for the Firm, understanding products, product changes, business processes and process changes.
- Keeping abreast of developments in the local market/banks, including:new/amended regulations;attending industry seminars/conferences on risk management, where relevant, including industry network/intelligence; updating the risk management and framework policy accordingly
- Coordinate risk reporting for the Board and Senior Management ensuring appropriate escalation of risks, appetite metrics, incidents / breaches and tracking mitigation actions.
- 3 to 8 years of experience in Risk Management in a financial institution/fintech
- Risk Appetite
- Key Risk Indicators knowledge
- Scenario Analysis
- Stress-testing and risk reporting skills