Senior Security Engineer
Senior Security Engineer
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
Reporting to the VP Security you will lead a small team of security engineers to look after daily SecOps tasks and blue team activities.
What does this mean in practice? Your team will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining our SOC/SIEM, responding to security incidents, managing access to sensitive platforms, configuring VPNs, working with technical teams to remediate vulnerabilities and much more.
This is a technical hands-on role that will require the deployment of impactful security measures and solutions as well growing a small team and delivering security best practices.
Although a remote role (Time Zone +/- 3 GMT), occasional travel to Spain and the UK is required.
We are looking for a highly motivated senior security engineer with in-depth experience in general technical security administration and blue team response. Experience in cloud technologies, in particular AWS and GSuite is desirable but not essential. Scripting or Pentesting knowledge is desired but not required.
This is a hugely exciting time to be joining the Ebury and to lead a small team that is one of the key pillars of the security team. As a team focused engineer with fluency in English this is the opportunity to shape security for Ebury.
So if you have a knack for solving problems, motivating others around you and the ability to design pragmatic security solutions then this is the opportunity for you.
Ideally we are looking for someone that has:
- Experience with cloud native secure network systems (e.g WAF, Cloud-NAT firewalls, NACLs,...)
- The ability to propose and develop pragmatic security solutions to business needs
- Preferably some scripting experience (Python, Bash,...). Although not essential
- Experience with cloud native security services such as GuardDuty, WAF, Firewall Manager, SecurityHub etc.
- Blue Team knowledge such as incident response and familiarity with SIEM tools or internal SOC operation. This includes configuring log ingest and correlation, alert rule configuration, response integration/automation and reporting.
- Ability to engage a variety of stakeholders and drive security across the company
- Good understanding of technical security risks and attack vectors
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment on an Agile basis