KYC Analyst - Sydney
KYC Analyst - Sydney
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
As the heart of our company, the Operations Department is made up of different teams which collaborate in order to ensure that new customers, transactions and processes run smoothly and safely in our network.
If you want to develop your professional career in Finance and join an international environment, this is your place. Ready to join the revolution?
This is a unique opportunity to join an award-winning, rapidly growing FX and Payments company at a key point in business expansion.
Working as part of the Client Onboarding team from our office in Sydney you will be responsible for conducting initial customer due diligence on corporate and private clients brought on by our sales teams across Asia Pacific region and around the world.
The role is fast-paced and demanding, and attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure are a necessity. All work will be conducted in English and fluency in both written and verbal, is essential. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, as they will need to communicate with colleagues globally.
- Safeguarding Ebury, our existing Clients and prospective Client relationships from financial crime risk - including money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption, fraud, sanctions risk, tax evasion and reputational risk
- Performing anti-financial crime checks as part of the Ebury Onboarding process for corporate clients in compliance with relevant legislative, regulatory and internal requirements
- Comprehensive CDD and EDD checks for corporate clients, including the KYC process, identification and analysis of complex ownership structures, financial statements and transaction patterns
- CDD/EDD analysis across all types of of legal entities and business sectors in a variety of jurisdictions with emphasis on local clients
- Direct contact with clients
- Presentation of Ebury’s onboarding requirements to clients in a clear and compliant manner
- Identification of red flags and exposure to financial crime risk, including escalation to Compliance and Senior Management where required
- Making risk-based decisions to onboard or reject applications
- Efficient management of a personal portfolio of onboarding cases
- Proactive follow-up with clients and sales representatives to ensure timely completion of onboarding analysis
- Documenting client files in a structured format compliant with internal requirements
- Identifying opportunities for improvement within the onboarding process
- Assist in preparation and management of data and information required for internal and external audits
- Support ad-hoc projects within the department and wider business as required
- Validation of checks carried out by other members of the team
- Support in training delivery
- Supporting the Supervisor with team management responsibilities
The successful candidate will be:
- 1-2 years of experience conducting CDD and EDD with corporate clients
- Advanced knowledge of red flags and financial crime typologies relevant to the payments and FX space
- Proactive, with the ability to work effectively within a fast-paced and high pressure environment
- Highly organised, with the ability to work to deadlines, multi-task, and prioritise and re-prioritise workload as needed
- Diligent, with excellent attention to detail
- Effective critical thinking skills, with the ability to find solutions to problems independently
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal including working alongside the Front Office
- Co-operative, and comfortable working in a team environment, including remote teams
- Curious and engaged, takes ownership of own learning journey by asking questions and seeking out new information
- Adaptable, with the ability to cope with changing products, processes and procedures
- Motivated and driven, with a desire to make Ebury a success
- Experience of direct client contact within financial services is a plus
- Fluency in English and any additional language is a plus