Senior Payroll Specialist
Senior Payroll Specialist
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing, international company in a role which offers professional growth and career progression.
If you want to develop your professional career in Finance and join an international environment, this is your place. Ready to join the revolution?
- Ensuring payroll controls and processes are implemented to capture any inaccuracies with input within tight deadlines.
- Continually analyse and assess the appropriateness of current controls and policies.
- Handle and process large sets of data for use in reporting and verification.
- Assist in maintaining the accuracy of HR records and liaise closely with local HR representatives to identify any gaps in information.
- Assist Payroll Manager with implementation of the new global payroll system.
- Ensure correct reception of statutory payroll reports.
- Other ad-hoc duties as advised.
Key Skills / Experience
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced multinational environment.
- Previous experience of processing payroll for a medium to large organisation.
- Understanding of the necessary month-end accounting entries with regard to payroll payments, tax and national insurance payments.
- Needs to be comfortable with learning and implementing new systems and has an ability to work to tight schedules to deliver high-quality results.
- High attention to detail with a drive to maintain the accuracy of payroll data.
- Demonstrable skills in Microsoft Excel to an advanced level.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Excellent numerical skills and logical thinking.
- A high level of English is a must.
- Tests of Excel and attention to detail (this one will be very important) will be performed.