Senior KYC Analyst - Partnership - London
Senior KYC Analyst - Partnership - London
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing, international company in a role which offers professional growth and career progression.
If you want to develop your professional career in Finance and join an international environment, this is your place. Ready to join the revolution?
We are looking at growing our indirect business through expanding our partnerships team. The Ebury Solutions team manages our partners network, which constitute the core of our indirect sales channels, through different partnership models, including introductory broker agreements and program management agreements using our white-label solution or accessing our capabilities through API connection.
As part of our global Client Onboarding team, you will be responsible for conducting the initial screening of corporate clients from the maritime industry and private and corporate business partners brought in by our front office sales all across the globe.
The role is dynamic and fast-paced. Attention to detail and the ability to work accurately under pressure are skills we seek for this role. All work will be conducted in English, both written and oral. A successful candidate must demonstrate good communication skills as he / she is in daily contact with colleagues around the world.
- Analyzing customer and partners relationships, documentation and activity patterns to detect potential suspicious activity or activity that is not consistent with the client’s profile, and escalating as appropriate
- Conduct Customer Due Diligence on new and existing customers in accordance with relevant regulatory and business standards and conduct individual identity verification checks, with a focus on the maritime industry and business partnerships
- Obtain and review documentation and reference data to ensure compliance with all legal AML and KYC requirements
- Assessing the risk profile and excluding or escalating it where necessary
- Complying with relevant legislative and regulatory standards, and internal processes and procedures
- Conducting periodic reviews on existing clients and partners and updating data accordingly
- Identifying clients and partners posing higher risk due to existence of red flags or other high risk triggers
- Completing allocated tasks with focus, and in a timely manner
- Communicate the status of tasks to colleagues, supervisors and managers, and escalate problems swiftly, as needed
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a client onboarding/KYC/AML focused role
- Fluent in English
- Degree level education preferred
- Second language is a bonus
Competences and Personal Characteristics:
- Ability to work under pressure while working accurately and efficiently
- Fast learner with a high attention to detail
- Ability to think outside of the box and take the initiative
- Possess a positive, enthusiastic and motivated attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including an excellent phone manner