Group Reporting Manager - Accounting - London
Group Reporting Manager - Accounting - London
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector and have recently reached Unicorn Status! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
The Finance team is a strong and growing part of the business. We’re looking for an individual who can support and challenge us in our journey to take finance and financial controls to the next level.
The Group Reporting Manager will work within the Finance and Tax team in Finance, supporting the Group Finance Director establish a strong financial control framework for Ebury and work on projects for a wider CFO function.
The Finance and Tax team is responsible for maintaining proper accounting records both locally and at a Group level, including Financial and Management Reporting, Tax and Regulatory reporting. The role will incorporate establishing and enhancing control measures and identifying opportunities for Ebury to be more efficient and effective.
About the role:
You will be instrumental in delivering an efficient and effective Financial Control framework, primarily for our regulated entity in the UK, and for Ebury across our global operations. The Finance and Tax team is a commercially focused, business partnering team, where you will work with key business control owners throughout the organisation.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the Group Reporting Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of the monthly consolidated Group and UK entity reporting packs, liaising with colleagues within Finance and within other business stakeholders to coordinate information required in line with deadlines.
- Prepare analysis and commentary for the financial statements, identifying and coordinating information requirements from operating subsidiaries and branches.
- Develop management reporting to track, understand and comment on business performance.
- Pro-actively manage and improve the month end close process.
- Work with the Group Financial Controller to implement Group policies and procedures.
- Act as a Netsuite champion within Finance and ensure the Finance team is using reporting and analysis functionality to its best effect
- Support the preparation of information required for entity statutory accounts for Group entities.
- Other ad hoc analysis and group reporting requirements.
- Work with the Group Financial Controller to ensure best in class control environment is in place.
- Liaise with and coach Finance colleagues to ensure efficient and effective processes across the teams, including month end close checklists, timetables and procedures.
- Qualified accountant with at least 3 years post-qualification experience
- IFRS and Swiss GAAP and Tax expertise
- Group Management Accounting and Consolidation experience in multiple jurisdictions and cross-currencies
- External stakeholder management including liaising with external auditors and regulators
- Able to influence colleagues at all levels, and communicate governance, business risk and internal control issues in a clear and straightforward way
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deadlines, work to tight schedules and provide a fast and efficient turnaround of tasks and problem resolutions
- Be an analytical thinker who can focus on detail with a pragmatic outlook, able to lead debate and drive change whilst bearing in mind strategic requirements
- High adaptability - ability to cope with product, system and role and responsibility change in a rapidly growing company
- Have an understanding of financial services
- Experience in a FinTech environment is preferred