Payments Technical Product Manager
Payments Technical Product Manager
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Headquartered in London & with offices across Europe opening in Dubai, North America and APAC, we empower businesses that want to trade and transact internationally. We drive innovation through technology, providing businesses with the tools they need to manage their international trade and support their growth, including import lending, currency and risk products, and payment and collection facilities.
The talent of our 700+ multicultural staff, combined with our cutting-edge technology, tailored product range, and exceptional customer service, has enabled us to double in size year after year. Today we have 18 offices across the world, with even more exciting expansion plans to come.
Even through our tremendous growth, we maintain a vibrant and enjoyable company culture, and those who excel in our highly meritocratic and fast-paced environment will be generously rewarded.
Are you ready to join us?
Ebury’s vision is to eliminate boundaries for small and medium-sized businesses that want to fuel their international growth. In line with our mission to address the needs of these businesses, our range of products and services is continuously expanding. We strive to provide clients with the best payments experience possible enabled by ongoing innovation and access to payment schemes around the world. We are building a robust payments infrastructure to connect directly, indirectly or through partners to the major payment rails. Ebury is the first ever nonbank participant to join the Faster Payments Scheme.
To achieve this goal, Ebury is heavily investing in its Product and Technology teams and the Payments Technical Product Manager is a vital role for Ebury’s success where you will be presented with opportunities to grow and make an impact.
Role and Responsibilities
- Keeping up to date with innovation in payments around the world and identifying opportunities for Ebury and our clients.
- Understanding the technical specifications of payment schemes (connectivity, processes, messages).
- Acting as the main contact for our integration partners and bank sponsors in relation to the setup of new capabilities.
- Owning the implementation of new payment capabilities end-to-end. Be a subject matter expert on payment infrastructure.
- Analysing business and technical requirements.
- Working closely with operations to define new processes or changes to the current processes to enable new payment capabilities or enhance efficiency.
- Writing user stories and ensuring the tech teams understand items in the backlog to the level needed.
- Effectively prioritising the development backlog in order to best achieve goals.
- Working with tech development teams in an agile framework.
- Utilising analytics in order to track impact and generate insights.
Experience and knowledge
- 4+ years of experience in project management, product management, or tech lead role.
- Experience working with major payments schemes around the world and deep understanding of payments infrastructure.
- Track record of identifying important new product features and functionality and turning them into a reality.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies preferred.
- Experience with complex data analysis or data-driven decision making.
- Effective communicator and good interpersonal skills.
- Time management and ability to prioritise.
- Hands-on and detail oriented.
- Pro-active, has a sense of urgency and operates at pace.
- Resilience and an ability to work effectively under pressure.