Client Services Supervisor-Mass Payments
Operations, High Wycombe
Client Services Supervisor-Mass Payments
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
As the heart of our company, the Operations Department is made up of different teams which collaborate in order to ensure that new customers, transactions and processes run smoothly and safely in our network.
If you want to develop your professional career in Finance and join an international environment, this is your place. Ready to join the revolution?
The client services team handle all day-to-day relations and service delivery for Ebury’s Mass Payment clients. All late-stage and post-sales support – e.g. service solutions building and mapping, implementation/client training, enquiry handling and account management is delivered through this core function of the business. The team services a rapidly growing book of enterprise level accounts with complex servicing and payment needs that has seen extensive recent growth and has aggressive future expected pipelines.
You’ll have a combination senior of client facing skill/experience, line management experience, operational knowhow and problem solving in order to support our account managers/support team staff – expertly switching between commercial and operational decision making to drive daily service delivery.
As a team supervisor you will be tasked with escalations, training, support and responsibility for maintaining daily departmental KPI performance of a sub-set of the existing team. You will use your experience and natural leadership to drive forward our industry-leading service and team development with line management responsibilities to a portion of the team.
Responsibilities will include:
- LINE MANAGEMENT: Act as escalation point and line manager within team responsible for team performance (service levels, response times, driving account success/growth). Team development (carrying out performance reviews and setting personal target). Driving departmental change and improvement.
- PAYMENT PLATFORM/OPERATIONAL SUPPORT: Become a ‘go to’ person on both our payments platform/software and the full trading/payments cycle throughout lifespan of client. Assist clients in all stages of relationship from early-stage integration/onboarding through to daily trade booking/support. Presentations and live client demos/training as necessary.
- PRODUCT AWARENESS: Be a representative on the front line for the product/service. You’ll know the product inside out, and will be able to deliver industry-leading customer service and set the standard for our teams.
- ANSWERING CLIENT DAILY BANKING ENQUIRIES: Payment queries –investigating payment issues/ liaising internally for banking updates/confirmations and accurately conveying updates to clients. Highlight currency-specific banking/payment requirements and building personal knowledge on Frontierpay currency suite to help clients (particularly in more exotic currency markets).
- RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Keeping the ‘client experience’ a priority – demonstrable customer service awareness/experience. Drive to solve issues/improve the experience – think and act on how the account/relationship can develop. Ability to tailor service to different clients/accounts with their distinct requirements/ways of operating.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in a similar role, preferably 2 years experience supervisory level (FX/payments setting preferred).
- Leadership and professionalism: You naturally set the tone for world-class client support and instil confidence when dealing with clients or internal stakeholders. You have clear management abilities and can deal with a wide range of internal and external issues and support training structures and team development.
- Eye for detail: Dealing with live currency trade booking, banking information, figures and high value/volume payments and clients - accuracy of work is particularly key. Helping the team to identify issues pre-emptively (e.g. payment dates, banking data etc.), and constant awareness of the ‘’big picture’’.
- Strives in high pressure/pace environment: Ability to excel with previous experience within a busy client-facing environment with significant monthly workload peaks. Confidence in dealing directly at a senior level with clients as an ambassador for the brand and product in terms of your service approach and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask/prioritise – working around daily deadlines
- Commercial awareness: Confidence to promote the company offering and awareness to identify new opportunities to grow new and existing key accounts. Confidence dealing with numbers - exchange rates, profit margins and an awareness of commercial implications
- Drive to solve problems: Self-starter with the initiative and ability to ‘get stuck in’ .Confidence to find solutions working with teams internally.
- Experience with Microsoft suite (particular excel).
- Interest in currency markets.
- English fluent. Second language is a plus.