Trade Support Supervisor - Malaga
Trade Support Supervisor - Malaga
Begin your career within Ebury, one of the fastest growing Fintech companies in the world.
As the heart of our company, the Operations Department is made up of different teams which collaborate in order to ensure that new customers, transactions and processes run smoothly and safely in our network.
If you want to develop your professional career in Finance and join an international environment, this is your place.
This is a unique opportunity to join an award-winning, rapidly growing FX and Payments company at a key point in business expansion.
You will be responsible for supporting the operational functions inside the Global Operations department, supervising a team of 10+ skilled people, leading and coaching them in supporting the operational growth and implementation of new products and capabilities.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Trade Support Manager and the Head of Transactional Operations, based in Malaga, collaborating with other operational managers and with the Treasury and Finance Teams, both based either in Malaga, or in London, UK.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supervising an established team of 10+ employees and motivating them to fulfil their potential and perform to their highest ability, including coaching, mentoring and performance assessment
- Ongoing hiring and development of the team to support business growth
- Management of the following key operational functions/processes:
- FX trade confirmation, validation and processing
- Reconciliation of client funds received to settle FX transactions
- Front Office support in relation to FX product management and exceptions
- Acting as the first level of escalation within the team for queries and/or to resolve incidents
- Operational implementation and successful adoption of new FX products and capabilities
- Accurate entries in the Treasury Management System (TMS), with monitoring of internal ledgers and position aggregators
- Definition and application of the career development plan for the team
- Adherence to all internal regulatory, anti-money-laundering, anti-terrorist-financing and related policies and procedures
- Identification of areas for process and client service improvements on an ongoing basis in line with business, market and product developments
- Management and oversight of team workload, including ensuring quality standards are upheld, SLAs are met, and workload is prioritised appropriately
- Ensuring knowledge of team members is up-to-date and appropriate for the work required, and identifying training needs and addressing as appropriate
- Leading daily/weekly/monthly routines within the wider team/department
- Work closely with other Supervisors and Managers to share feedback and ensure consistent training and messages are being transmitted, as well as to ensure the wider team is functioning as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Representing the team in ad-hoc projects within the department and wider business, as required
- Instilling a “continuous improvement” atmosphere in the team where the improvement of processes and ongoing exchange of ideas and feedback are key and strike a balance between efficiency and risk
- Analysis, monitoring and reportingof KRI and Controls
- Build and maintain strong relationships with other departments (Reconciliation, Capital Markets, Dealing, Development etc.)
- Promote an agile and collaborative environment seeking engagement and internal branding
- +3 years experience within FX, payments or related roles is preferred, and +3 years experience in the finance / banking sector
- +2 years managing teams
- Advanced understanding of FX products, including spot, fixed forward, window forward, non-deliverable forward
- Understanding of the implications of MiFID and equivalent regulations and complex portfolios, including ad-hoc products in a FX environment
- Driven by results and customer focus with leaderships skills to achieve objectives
- Hands-on, proactive, and with a can-do, problem-solving approach
- Energetic, with the desire to help maintain and develop a strong team to support Ebury’s business
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines, work to tight schedules and provide a fast and efficient turnaround of tasks and problem resolutions
- Ability to build effective working relationships across hierarchical levels and functions
- Comfortable working in a high-change environment, with the ability to rapidly adapt to changing products, processes and procedures
- Passionate about people, with a drive to support the learning and development of team members
- Empathetic, with good interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Able to operate effectively within a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Motivated and driven, with a strong desire to make Ebury a success
- Organized, with the ability to generate formal internal documentation in alignment with internal policies