Senior KYC Supervisor - Amsterdam (Dutch speaking)
Senior KYC Supervisor - Amsterdam (Dutch speaking)
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
As the heart of our company, the Operations Department is made up of different teams which collaborate in order to ensure that new customers, transactions and processes run smoothly and safely in our network.
If you want to develop your professional career in Finance and join an international environment, this is your place. Ready to join the revolution?
- Perform validation of CDD checks carried out by other members of the team (“4-eyes” checks)
- Analyzing customer relationships, documentation, activity patterns, and transactions to detect potential suspicious activity or activity that is not consistent with the client’s profile, and escalating as appropriate
- Complying with relevant legislative and regulatory standards, and internal processes and procedures
- Support in the preparation of internal and external audits and regulatory exams/audits where required
- Assist with ad-hoc projects within the department and wider business
- Management and oversight of team workload, including ensuring quality standards are upheld, SLAs are met, and tasks are prioritised appropriately
- Act as first point of escalation within team for queries and/or to resolve issues
- Ensuring that knowledge of team members is up-to-date and appropriate for the tasks being undertaken, plus identifying training needs and addressing these as appropriate
- Monitor team and individual performance
- Support in the creation and delivery of induction and ongoing training for staff, both within own team and within the wider business
- Coaching and mentoring team members as part of learning and development
- Leading and motivating team members to fulfil their potential and perform to their highest ability
- Performance assessment of team members
- Supporting daily/weekly/monthly routines within the wider team/department
- Participating in recruitment processes, including initial candidate selection and interviews
- Work closely with other Supervisors to share knowledge and ensure consistent training and messages are being transmitted, as well as to ensure the wider team is functioning as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Use critical thinking to provide efficient solutions to problems impacting the wider team, which take into account scalability, efficiency, service and risk
- Contribute to the improvement of processes by providing ideas and feedback that strike a balance between efficiency and risk
- Build and maintain strong relationships with other departments (AML and Sanctions, Compliance, Sales, Development etc.)Uphold, transmit and reinforce company and departmental values
- Engage directly with clients to support them through the initial and ongoing customer due diligence process on email and phone
- A deep understanding of CDD/KYC/AML processes and requirements, including the regulatory basis for these. Knowledge of multiple jurisdictions is an advantage
- Able to operate effectively within a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Proactive and highly organised, able to work to deadlines, multi-task, and prioritise and re-prioritise workload as needed, in line with business requirements
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset, with the ability to find solutions to problems that are appropriate to the scale of the challenge and take into account impact at a company level
- Good grasp of the concept of continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Empathetic, with good interpersonal skills
- Passionate about people, with a drive to support the learning and development of team members
- Curious and engaged, proactively seeks new information to expand own knowledge and skills
- Comfortable working in a high-change environment, with the ability to rapidly adapt to changing products, processes and procedures
- Motivated and driven, with a strong desire to make Ebury a success
- Fluent in Dutch and English