Senior Trade Finance Specialist - London
Senior Trade Finance Specialist - London
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
As the heart of our company, the Operations Department is made up of different teams which collaborate in order to ensure that new customers, transactions and processes run smoothly and safely in our network.
If you want to develop your professional career in Finance and join an international environment, this is your place. Ready to join the revolution?
Working as part of the Trade Finance team from our offices in London you will be responsible for facilitating import and export finance transactions, including processing new trade requests and overseeing the trade execution process to ensure all elements are completed in a timely manner. We are looking for a candidate who is smart, driven and ambitious and wants to join us in our journey to build a global business! This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing, international company in a role which offers professional growth and career progression.
The role is fast-paced and demanding, and attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure are a necessity. All work will be conducted in English so fluency, both written and verbal, is essential.
Existing knowledge of Trade Finance, international payments, middle office, or supply chain finance/invoice discounting is a plus.
- Processing incoming trade requests promptly and efficiently
- Responding to client queries regarding transactions and/or account
- Handling of incoming trade/shipping documents to facilitate the trade process
- Acting as a stakeholder between departments to confirm the client is able to trade efficiently.
- Ensuring that all transactions are processed in compliance with internal and external policies
- Communicate the status of tasks to colleagues, supervisors and managers, and escalate problems swiftly, as needed
- Support in the delivery of induction training for new starters
- Support in ad-hoc projects within the department and wider business, as required
- Contribute constructive feedback on processes, with the aim of improving efficiency, service, and/or risk
- Uphold and reinforce company and departmental values
- Proactive, with the ability to work effectively within a fast-paced and high pressure environment
- Highly organised, with the ability to work to deadlines, multi-task, and prioritise and re-prioritise workload as needed
- Diligent, with excellent attention to detail
- Effective critical thinking skills, with the ability to find solutions to problems independently
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Co-operative, and comfortable working in a team environment
- Curious and engaged, takes ownership of own learning journey by asking questions and seeking out new information
- Adaptable, with the ability to cope with changing products, processes and procedures
- Motivated and driven, with a desire to make Ebury a success