Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Headquartered in London & with offices across Europe opening in Dubai, North America and APAC, we empower businesses that want to trade and transact internationally. We drive innovation through technology, providing businesses with the tools they need to manage their international trade and support their growth, including import lending, currency and risk products, and payment and collection facilities.
The talent of our 700+ multicultural staff, combined with our cutting-edge technology, tailored product range, and exceptional customer service, has enabled us to double in size year after year. Today we have 18 offices across the world, with even more exciting expansion plans to come.
Even through our tremendous growth, we maintain a vibrant and enjoyable company culture, and those who excel in our highly meritocratic and fast-paced environment will be generously rewarded.
Are you ready to join us?
You will be joining our DevOps team to focus on site reliability of our Finance and Foreign Exchange platform, specially looking to further decouple our application deploy and infrastructure. We are mainly in AWS, and we are actively migrating to ECS and Kubernetes. You will also be responsible to provide actionable reports to our dev teams on database performance (PostgreSQL and Elastic).
- Design and own realtime database performance metrics
- Work with Developers to identify and improve performance bottlenecks
- Database Capacity management and planning
- Design and implement system wide performance testing
- Work with dev teams on ongoing dockerisation of applications
- Define and implement SLOs for Services
- Continue to evolve our infrastructure automation following the pattern "Infrastructure as Code"
- Monitor, measure and troubleshoot infrastructure and services
- Participate on on-call duties and contribute to incident management
- Deep knowledge about PostgreSQL and no SQL database (Redis, MongoDB, Elastic)
- Have participated on on-call duties in the past
- Comfortable with container orchestration (ECS, Kubernetes, Swarm or similar)
- Proficient at developing devops tools in Python or Go
- Experienced in AWS (Cloud Computing)
- Able to communicate clearly in a global team
VALUABLE EXTRA SKILLS
- Kubernetes knowledge
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- A person with attention to details, motivation and willingness to learn
- With evident passion in technology
- With analytic capacities and initiative to propose new ideas, solutions and tools
- A team player ready to face all the challenges with the team
WHY WORKING WITH US?
- Great professional opportunity in a company that has a incredible growth track-record in the last five years and in a continuing innovative environment
- Opportunity to gain experience in an international environment and in constant expansion
- To participate in one of the most disruptive technological sector
- We offer competitive conditions as well as the possibility to keep growing thanks to continuous reviews and career plan