Senior KYC Analyst - EDD Specialist - Sydney
Senior KYC Analyst - EDD Specialist - Sydney
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
As the heart of our company, the Operations Department is made up of different teams which collaborate in order to ensure that new customers, transactions and processes run smoothly and safely in our network.
If you want to develop your professional career in Finance and join an international environment, this is your place. Ready to join the revolution?
This is a unique opportunity to join an award-winning, rapidly growing FX and Payments company at a key point in business expansion.
Working as part of the Client Onboarding team from our office in Sydney you will be responsible for conducting enhanced customer due diligence on corporate and private clients brought on by our sales teams across Asia Pacific region and around the world.
The role is fast-paced and demanding, and attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure are a necessity. All work will be conducted in English and fluency in both written and verbal, is essential. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, as they will need to communicate with colleagues globally.
- Conduct EDD on higher risk escalations from the onboarding team and event triggered and periodic reviews to identify and understand the financial crime risks associated with PEPs, Sanctions and other higher risk relationships.
- Undertake a gap analysis to identify and document any changes to the client’s corporate or related party information and ensure they meet internal policies & procedures and external regulatory and compliance standards.
- Update the client documentation as required and undertake screening and open-source media searches on any new related parties.
- Review proposed trading activity or existing client activity to make sure it is consistent with the nature and purpose of the business relationship, highlighting any changes in activity since the last review where relevant.
- Analyse findings, determine if current risk rating remains appropriate and make recommendations on mitigation required to start, continue or rationale to exit the relationship.
- Assessing and dispositioning of negative media, and Politically Exposed Persons (“PEP”) alerts generated during client onboarding and client review processes.
- Providing relevant recommendations based on the discrepancies, patterns and red flags identified during the course of performing EDD
- Working cooperatively with Financial Crime Compliance and other business stakeholders to evaluate and mitigate the risks associated with new and existing high risk client
- Resolving day-to-day issues arising during the EDD process, and escalating more complex challenges via the appropriate channel
- Support in the delivery of induction training for new starters
- Support in ad-hoc projects within the department and wider business, as required
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years’ experience in executing the full KYC life cycle for higher risk clients including gathering information and documentary evidence, screening and open source research, client risk assessment, file compilation and making a recommendation on continuance of the business relationship.
- Experience with corporate, individual and complex structures across a broad range of entities.
- In depth knowledge of AML, CTF, ABC and Sanctions risk in client relationships
- Experience of writing internal SARs
- Good working knowledge of the EU and UK Financial Crime Regulatory Environment
- Relevant financial crime qualifications are desirable e.g. ACAMS or ICA Diploma.
- Excellent communication skills including report writing and the ability to understand and disseminate complex information to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Detail oriented and the ability to work to tight deadlines using your own initiative and prioritise own workload
- Adaptable, with the ability to cope with changing products, processes and procedures
- Financial crime experience in financial services/fintech is highly desirable.