Senior KYC Analyst - EDD Specialist - Sydney
Senior KYC Analyst - EDD Specialist - Sydney
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
As the heart of our company, the Operations Department is made up of different teams which collaborate in order to ensure that new customers, transactions and processes run smoothly and safely in our network.
If you want to develop your professional career in Finance and join an international environment, this is your place. Ready to join the revolution?
This is a unique opportunity to join an award-winning, rapidly growing FX and Payments company at a key point in business expansion.
Working as part of the Client Onboarding team from our office in Sydney you will be responsible for conducting initial customer due diligence on corporate and private clients brought on by our sales teams across Asia Pacific region and around the world.
The role is fast-paced and demanding, and attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure are a necessity. All work will be conducted in English and fluency in both written and verbal, is essential. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, as they will need to communicate with colleagues globally.
- Performing Enhanced Due Diligence (“EDD”) on higher risk, complex clients or clients falling within special frameworks, as per operating processes
- Identifying clients posing higher risk due to existence of red flags or other high risk triggers
- Analyzing customer relationships, documentation, activity patterns, and transactions to detect potential suspicious activity or activity that is not consistent with the client’s profile, and escalating as appropriate
- Complying with relevant legislative and regulatory standards, and internal processes and procedures
- Assessing negative media and Politically Exposed Persons (“PEP”) alerts generated during client onboarding and client review processes
- Providing relevant recommendations based on the discrepancies, patterns and risks identified during the course of performing EDD
- Working cooperatively with Financial Crime Compliance and other business stakeholders to evaluate and mitigate the risks associated with new and existing high risk clients
- Resolving day-to-day issues arising during the EDD process, and escalating more complex challenges via the appropriate channel
- Support in the delivery of induction training for new starters
- Support in ad-hoc projects within the department and wider business, as required
The successful candidate will be:
- 3-4 years experience in a similar role
- Advanced knowledge of CDD and EDD processes and requirements, including the regulatory basis for these. Knowledge of multiple jurisdictions is an advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of red flags and AML typologies relevant to the payments and FX space
- Proactive, with the ability to work effectively within a fast-paced and high pressure environment
- Diligent, with excellent attention to detail
- Effective critical thinking skills, with the ability to find solutions to problems independently
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Co-operative, and comfortable working in a team environment
- Curious and engaged, takes ownership of own learning journey by asking questions and seeking out new information
- Adaptable, with the ability to cope with changing products, processes and procedures