Ebury, one of the fastest growing Fintech companies in the sector, is looking for a Risk Manager to join our team.
This role is in the second line risk team, reporting to the Head of Risk.
- Adopt a forward-looking approach to better identify and anticipate emerging risks for the Firm, understanding products, product changes, business processes and process changes.
- Keep abreast of developments in the local markets/banks, including new/amended regulations; attending industry seminars/conferences on risk management, where relevant, including industry network/intelligence; updating the risk management and framework policy accordingly
- Coordinate risk reporting for the Board and Senior Management ensuring appropriate escalation of risks, appetite metrics, incidents / breaches and tracking mitigation actions.
- Propose remedial actions / mitigating measures for risks identified or changes in regulations for areas under responsibility.
- Oversee and communicate risk objectives by educating and embedding the risk components of the risk framework across the Firm
- Administrate the risk part of the GRC system
- We are looking for an individual with drive and passion. Someone that is a team player with a good technical understanding of risk management / ERM.
- Preferably big 4 or financial services experience or working in a risk management role in a FCA regulated financial services firm.
- Technical knowledge required: RCSA, Risk Appetite, Key Risk Indicators, Scenario Analysis, Stress-testing and risk reporting skills.
- Understanding of financial risks, including credit risk.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills as appropriate for the needs of the audience including the ability to provide challenge to senior stakeholders.