Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest growing international fintech companies in Europe.
Headquartered in London and with offices across Europe, we focus on empowering small and medium-sized businesses that want to trade and transact internationally. We drive innovation through technology, providing businesses with the tools they need to manage their international trading, support their growth with import lending products, and offer currency and sophisticated risk products to facilitate payment and collection facilities.
As a company we are too young for bureaucracy and don't even understand complex management hierarchies. Instead we simply believe in getting things done. And with an average age of only 26 across our 400+ employees, we all share one common trait: ambition.
This is an excellent opportunity for a new or recent graduate to join a rapidly growing, international Fintech company, and gain experience in financial services and compliance, in a role that offers personal and professional growth.
The role is fast-paced and demanding. Attention to detail, analytical skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure are a necessity. All work will be conducted in English so fluency, both written and verbal, is essential. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, as they will need to communicate with colleagues across all European offices.
No experience is required as full training will be provided, however existing knowledge in law, sanctions and/or compliance is an advantage.
Working as part of the operations team you will be responsible for:
- Screening payments against international and national sanctions lists as well as internal blacklists
- Monitoring payments in real time to detect and prevent the use of Ebury's services to launder money, finance terrorism, commit fraud and/or facilitate other crimes
- Retrospective transaction monitoring to identify transactions which are outside of Ebury's knowledge of the client and the client’s usual transactional patterns, in order to detect money laundering, terrorist financing, tax evasion and/or other crimes
Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing hits on sanctions data in a timely fashion and ruling out or escalating as appropriate
- Conducting research and analysis of hits to obtain further information
- Management of internal blacklists
- Conducting monthly transaction monitoring on client transactions and investigating and escalating as appropriate
- Responding to Requests For Information on transactions from banking partners
- Proactive, with the ability to work within strict time-frames and under pressure
- Diligent, with excellent attention to detail
- Concise and timely research skills with an ability to find solutions independently
- Good communication skills
- Excellent English skills
- We believe in developing staff to their full potential. All staff are given the opportunity to participate in regular training sessions and, in some cases, external training courses across a range of topics and fields.
- - We work hard but we play hard too! We hold team building events on a monthly basis - these range from hiking, bowling, paint-balling and other physical activities through to games nights in the office.