AML and Sanctions Analyst - Malaga
AML and Sanctions Analyst - Malaga
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
As the heart of our company, the Operations Department is made up of different teams which collaborate in order to ensure that new customers, transactions and processes run smoothly and safely in our network.
If you want to develop your professional career in Finance and join an international environment, this is your place. Ready to join the revolution?
Working as part of the AML and Sanctions team from our offices in central Málaga you will be responsible for screening payments against national and international sanctions lists and internal watchlists, as well as conducting real time and retrospective monitoring on client payments to identify transactions which are outside of Ebury's knowledge of the client and the client's usual transactional patterns, to detect and prevent money laundering, terrorist financing, tax evasion and/or other crimes.
We are looking for new or recent graduates who are smart, driven and ambitious and want to join us in our journey to build a global business! This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing, international company in a role which offers professional growth and career progression.
The role is fast-paced and demanding, and attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure are a necessity. All work will be conducted in English so fluency, both written and verbal, is essential. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, as they will need to communicate with colleagues globally.
No experience is required and full training will be provided, however existing knowledge of KYC, AML/Compliance and/or FX trading is an advantage.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and/or investigating matches against sanctions, PEPs, adverse media and internal lists in a timely fashion and processing as appropriate
- Conducting real-time and retrospective rules-based monitoring on client transactions and processing alerts as appropriate
- Reviewing and approving incoming funds from third parties
- Updating internal watchlists and blacklists
- Responding to Requests For Information on transactions from banking partners
- Responding to queries from other internal departments
- Complete allocated tasks with focus, and in a timely manner
- Communicate the status of tasks to colleagues, supervisors and managers, and escalate problems swiftly, as needed Adhere to all internal policies, processes and procedures
The successful candidate will be:
- Proactive, with the ability to work within strict time-frames and under pressure
- Diligent, with good attention to detail
- Effective research skills with an ability to find solutions independently
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Co-operative, and comfortable working in a team environment
- Curious and eager to learn, and actively asks questions to confirm understanding of processes and procedures
- Motivated, with a desire to make Ebury a success