KYC Analyst - Warsaw
KYC Analyst - Warsaw
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
As the heart of our company, the Operations Department is made up of different teams which collaborate in order to ensure that new customers, transactions and processes run smoothly and safely in our network.
If you want to develop your professional career in Finance and join an international environment, this is your place. Ready to join the revolution?
Working as part of the Client Onboarding team you will be responsible for conducting initial customer due diligence on corporate and private clients brought on by our sales teams across Europe and around the world.
We are looking for new or recent graduates who are smart, driven and ambitious and want to join us in our journey to build a global business! This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing, international company in a role which offers professional growth and career progression.
The role is fast-paced and demanding, and attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure are a necessity. All work will be conducted in English so fluency, both written and verbal, is essential. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, as they will need to communicate with colleagues globally.
No experience is required and full training will be provided, however existing knowledge of KYC, AML/Compliance and/or FX trading is an advantage.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the end-to-end client onboarding process, ensuring internal processes and regulatory requirements are adhered to
- Applying relevant country-specific legislation to new clients
- Undertaking individual identity verification checks
- Unwrapping beneficial ownership structures
- Reviewing hits on sanctions data and ruling out or escalating as appropriate
- Obtain and review documentation and reference data to ensure that all regulatory AML and KYC requirements are adhered to prior to account activation
- Checking and documenting KYC ('know your customer') information
- Identify key risks posed by potential clients, including legal structure, industry sector, customer base, delivery channel and/or reputation
- Conducting monitoring on existing clients and updating data accordingly
- Supporting sales colleagues in other offices with questions about the client onboarding process
The successful candidate will be:
- Proactive, with the ability to work within strict time-frames and under pressure
- Diligent, with excellent attention to detail
- Numerate with an analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills
- Fast learning, with the ability to multitask and prioritise workload appropriately
- Smart, with concise and timely research skills and the ability to find solutions independently
- Flexible, with the ability to adapt to an ever-changing regulatory environment