Desktop Support Engineer
Desktop Support Engineer
Ebury is a FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes, allowing small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009 as a startup, today we are positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector and have even reached Unicorn Status! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 multicultural staff from 50+ nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
Ready to join the revolution?
The Service Desk department is responsible for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and for providing efficient desktop support to all business users. The department is responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to set up an email account to system diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the IT provision extended within the business.
The post holder will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide backup and support to the Head of IT. The post holder is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Network Infrastructure, including Telephony and Desktop operating systems, plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software. The position provides exposure to a broad range of cloud-based infrastructure, IT-related projects and activities. There is an expected regular amount of travelling to remote offices, sometimes at short notice.
This role reports directly to the Head of IT
Duties/Areas of Responsibility:
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues on Windows PC’s, Mac’s & Chrome OS devices
- Provide local and remote desktop support to 1100+ users in 24 Global offices
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Assisting with on/offboarding process in accordance with HR & IT requirements and procedures
- Provide IT-based training to internal end-users
- Completing internal user moves
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
- Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed to
- Prepare documentation where appropriate
- Provide assistance and support to colleagues in IT-related matters
- Ensure that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal and external customers at all times
- Good level of understanding of the Windows OS
- Good level of understanding of networking and cloud technologies
- Google’s Workspace suite of applications and products
- VoIP technologies
- MS Office suite of products
- Linux, MacOSXandChromeOS