Head of Sales - Brussels (NL/FR/ENG)
Head of Sales - Brussels (NL/FR/ENG)
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
The Head of Sales has the primary role of leading the sales department, overseeing activities of the junior and senior professionals and monitoring performance as a whole. The Head of Sales defines and communicates the business’s KPIs and targets to junior sales personnel on a regular basis, analyses patterns in consumer and market behavior, and subsequently defines data-driven action strategies in order to consistently optimize the business’s commercial performance.
If you want to develop your professional career in Finance and join an international environment, this is your place. Our office in Brussels is the brand new Ebury EU headquarter and therefore offers this unique chance to join. Ready to join the revolution?
- Provide leadership and performance management over the sales department
- Creates and implements sales plans that incorporate key actions that work to set KPIs for the business
- Establish and foster partnerships and relationships with key customers both externally and internally
- Evangelize the product and personally help close the largest deals
- Through various research and analyses, the Head of Sales identifies areas of improvement in sales strategies
- Monitoring and observing the product and market and making forecasts, identifying new trends ahead of the curve, hence, offering the business a competitive advantage and keeping it ahead of its competition in the market
- Utilizes analytics tools and works with the analytics team in undertaking detailed analyses of sales performance for the purpose of reporting sales strategy successes, weaknesses, and opportunities to management
- Mentorship role to key positions within the sales department
- Work collaboratively across teams – including Dealing, Product, Compliance and Data
- Take responsibility for the department’s performance against targets
- Assisting in the execution of duties upon request
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar environment of which at least 3 years in a leadership role
- Demonstrable track record of sales leadership within FX or other cross-border financial services (e.g. import lending, export lending, international payments and collections, cash management)
- Experience in nurturing very young talent and managing more senior (3-5y) sales staff
- Strong Financial Services experience and contacts network
- Experience of working in a commercial bank (one or several) selling to mid size corporates. Experience in an environment different from a bank (this could be start-up vendor, FX specialist, cash management etc) is a plus.
- Experience of the local market
- Ideally with business/finance academic background
Competencies and Personal Characteristics:
- Proven ability of bringing passion, energy and motivation to a sales organization.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas and market share goals.
- Excellent people management skills, preferably developed in a sales driven environment
- Comfortable with a phone sales approach
- First-class communication skills, able to win people's' commitment and buy-in
- Demonstrable ability to mentor, manage and develop people
- Able to develop sales strategies, techniques and tactics based on customer feedback and market environment; presents key selling points, features, and benefits while focusing message on customer needs and expectations
- Skilled negotiator, able to build and leverage relationships at senior levels within SMB customers
- Quick learner; strong analytical skills
- Fluency (both written and spoken) in Dutch, French and English is essential.