Head of Desk - FX Sales
Based in Montreal (working from home initially plus 2 days per month in the Toronto office)
This is a great opportunity to join Ebury Canada at an exciting time in our development. You will grow a new team focusing on the Quebec market as we work towards opening a new office in Montreal.
A senior member of our Front Office team, the Head of Desk has responsibility for leading a sales team, establishing sales objectives and implementing sales programs. They are instrumental in ensuring a positive, supportive and motivational culture here at Ebury, maintaining and improving sales performance through the training, coaching and development of their team. In September 2021, Ebury was named one of the top 15 European Fintechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi.
As a Head of Desk you will:
- Lead a sales team in developing prospects, leading by example, coaching and mentoring your team.
- You will be responsible for developing their skills and helping them progress through their career.
- Pitching and closing deals with prospective clients, by phone and face to face meetings
- Managing the customer relationship for new customers to ensure smooth on-boarding and first trades.
- Provide accurate forecasting of expected sales volume
- Implement regional sales programs for sales action and training plans with your team and fellow Heads of Desk
- Ensure adherence to company wide sales methodology and sales administration processes
- Be involved in the recruitment and onboarding of new team members.
With a track record of individual performance in FX Sales, you will be ready to move into a managerial role where you can achieve outstanding results as the leader of a team. A natural coach, you will enjoy sharing your experience and seeing your team develop as a result. In addition, you will have the ability to develop sales strategies and techniques based on client feedback and your knowledge of the market.
Skills and Experience
- A track record of sales management within FX or other cross-border financial services (e.g. import lending, export lending, international payments and collections, cash management)Financial Services experience and network would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in a commercial bank (one or several) selling to mid size corporates, coupled with experience in an environment different to a bank (this could be start-up vendor, FX specialist, cash management etc) is desirable
- Experience of the Quebec market
- First-class communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to mentor, coach and develop people
- Skilled negotiator, able to build and leverage relationships at senior levels within SME customers
- Bilingual French and English
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
In September 2021, Ebury was named one of the top 15 European Fintechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.