Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
In September 2021, Ebury was named one of the top 15 European Fintechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
We are building out our Credit Risk function here in Warsaw and you will be one of the first analysts dedicated to one of our largest geographies. We also offer a real opportunity to be involved in other markets, where Ebury is present, so your role allows to gain an international experience in one of the fastest growing FinTech companies.
Our lending is powered by business insight. The Credit Risk team undertakes a thorough, rigorous analysis of the SME businesses looking to use our services. This includes an assessment of their markets, financials, products, activities and cash headroom modelling. You will be expected to prepare a submission to our Credit Committee with analysis and recommendations, as well as contribute to the development of automated risk modelling and adapt our processes to local markets.
The key is to add qualitative insight to credit decisions including granting lines, monitoring them, and pursuing collections.
Your Specific Responsibilities
- Support, and report to, the Credit Risk Manager;
- Undertake ad hoc requests from the Head of Credit Risk and SVP of Credit Risk;
- Perform detailed credit analysis of prospects and clients for the purpose of granting trade finance and currency trading products, with a focus on financials, operations, and trading cycles;
- Present and defend your analysis personally at credit committee meetings to senior management;
- Engage closely with other teams, such as front office and operations, to ensure a
smooth client experience and that decisions made within the Credit Risk team are
- Manage an existing portfolio of clients, monitoring their credit standing and risk v
reward for Ebury;
- Proactively manage your own pipeline of work;
- Liaising with managers across our other geographies to add insight or assist where necessary;
- Share your thoughts to improve our processes.
We don’t conduct our credit analysis via a tick box exercise and we believe the same should be true of the people we hire. Below is simply an example of the background we are looking for:
- Fluent in English (essential) and another European language / languages;
- Analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills;
- A background in SME credit underwriting, experience in financial analysis, or a
demonstrable understanding of how to assess an entity's creditworthiness;
- A clear, structured, and concise communication style with the ability to explain
complex concepts in a coherent way;
- A solid understanding of accountancy principles;
- An understanding of FX markets and associated vanilla products;
- An ability to work in Excel in a professional setting;
- Willing to work in a highly demanding, result-oriented, and truly global team
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.