Ebury is looking to add a full-time Data Governance and Quality Analyst to join our Security and Risk team.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support the rollout of the data governance framework in order to provide a common direction with regards to how to govern data, improve data quality overall, and leverage data throughout Ebury.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of data glossary and data dictionary.
- Create and maintain RACI and CRUD matrices detailing data owners, business data stewards and technical data stewards.
- Assist data owners with identifying and defining Ebury’s critical data elements.
Identify, define, advise and enable the connections needed to capture the data lineage and system data flows throughout the company, acting as subject matter expert with regards to Metadata and the use of data governance and data quality tooling.
- Assisting with the creation and review of data governance policies, standards and procedures.
- Guarantee metadata is captured correctly, and create methods for monitoring and reporting any data incidents.
- Assist personnel with following data governance procedures and monitoring levels of adoption..
- Provide oversight and assist with routine use and maintenance of data governance and data profiling tooling.
Skills and Requirements:
- Knowledge of database modelling principles and SQL.Proven track record in data governance and data quality roles.
- Recognised data management qualification(s) e.g. DAMA CDMP or EDM Council qualifications.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Track record of working autonomously with organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines while maintaining high attention to detail.
- Extreme ownership and accountability for work.
- Desirable - Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, or a related subject.
- Desirable - Experience working in Financial Services.
- Desirable - Experience of using data governance and data profiling tooling.
- Desirable - Working knowledge of platforms GCP, Big Query, Looker, AWS, Kafka and Kubernetes.
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
In September 2021, Ebury was named one of the top 15 European Fintechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.