Senior Credit Risk Analyst
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
In September 2021, Ebury was named one of the top 15 European Fintechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
Our lending is powered by business insight. The risk team undertakes a thorough rigorous analysis of the SME businesses looking to take our services. This will include an assessment of their markets, financials, products, activities and cash headroom modelling. The person will be expected to prepare a submission to our Credit Committee with results and recommendations, as well as contribute to the development of automated risk modelling and adapt our processes to local markets.
The ideal candidate would complement Ebury's analytical and statistical capabilities with her own country-specific hands-on knowledge of defaults, credit underwriting, and collections. The key is to add qualitative insight to credit decisions including granting lines, monitoring them, and pursuing collections
Responsibilities as a Senior Credit Risk Analyst you will:
- Assessment of companies' finances, operations and trading cycles to understand the fundamental health of the company and the inherent credit risk;
- Summarising and presenting recommendations for the decision-making process, eventually having own limit to approve requests;
- Support and escalate to the Head of Credit Risk, SPV of Risk and Chief Credit Risk Officer
- Control and manage the queues of the Risk Department
- Train and help the improvement of other Risk Analysts
- Collaborate with the improvement of our underwriting processes
- Provide insights that affect directly our Risk process
- Participate in the development of internal modelling/scoring efforts to automatise credit decisions
The Candidate will have:
- University degree in business, finance or similar
- Fluency in English is essential (additional languages are a plus)
- Background in credit underwriting, preferably in currency trading products
- 2 to 5 years experience in an SME credit analysis role
- Previous experience in alternative lenders or non-banking entities is desirable
- CFA or similar certification completed or at least in process desirable
- Demonstrable strong analytical ability
- Experience in understanding how businesses work and perform
- Clear, structured, and concise communication style with the ability to explain complex concepts in a coherent way;
- Willingness to work in a highly demanding and result-oriented team environment
- Working knowledge of Excel essential, VBA/Macros desirable
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.