Ebury is a hyper-growth FinTech firm, named in 2021 as one of the top 15 European Fintechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi. We offer a range of products including FX risk management, trade finance, currency accounts, international payments and API integration.
Develop a strategy for Fraud monitoring, working closely with Product, Compliance and Ops
Keep up with latest Fraud trends- Lead investigations of complex fraud cases
Build out automation of fraud controls and incorporate data analytics into fraud oversight
Provide training and awareness to employees and clients
Manage and develop direct reports (Fraud Analysts)
Accountable for ensuring the Fraud team develops and delivers KPIs and SLAs
Work closely with the Data Science and Cyber Security teams to improve fraud detection and response capabilities
● Proven experience working with the Financial Institutions in Fraud & Financial Crime.
● An understanding of the key fraud typologies impacting financial institutions and the
control structures required to mitigate the threats and reduce losses.
● Strong communication skills (verbal and written) are also essential, as you will be
working with various technical and non-technical stakeholders throughout the business.
● Experience working alongside commercial, analytical or technical teams.
● Excellent written and verbal communication and English language skills are required.
● Strong presentation skills and ability to present to large audiences and C-level
● Strong ability to engage with different roles in the internal business such as sales,
accounts, technical fraud expertise, analytics and operations.
● Ability to meet deadlines whilst prioritising workload.
● Ensure that Fraud Strategy and practice adhere to current ways of working and adjust to future legislation/regulation.
● Ability to understand complex problems and provide solutions
● Excellent analytical skills and problem solving, self-motivation and possess an enquiring mind;
● A high degree of integrity and the drive and willingness to succeed.
● Strong team ethos and ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
● Proven track record of people management and leadership skills – be able to manage
teams and projects with demanding stakeholders and multiple workstreams;
Skills and Experience
● Review and completion of fraud risk assessments.
● Review and assessment of policies and procedures, systems and controls.
● Development of controls in fraud prevention, detection and response.
● Improving the efficiency and effectiveness of fraud operations.
● Delivery of specific training.
● Working knowledge of data tools such as Looker or Tableau
● Preferably some python and/or data manipulation experience but not necessary
Founded in 2009, we are headquartered in London and have more than 1300 staff with a presence in more than 20 countries worldwide. Cultural diversity is part of what makes Ebury a special place to be. From Sao Paulo to Dubai, Bucharest to Toronto, we enjoy sharing team experiences and celebrating success across the Ebury family.
Hard work pays off: in 2019, Ebury received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won internationally recognised awards including Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced FinTech sector.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.