Compliance Analyst - High Wycombe - Mass Payments
Ebury is a hyper-growth FinTech firm, named in 2021 as one of the top 15 European Fintechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi.
Mass Payments Solutions is the premier non-bank provider of high volume currency and payment solutions.
Working as part of the Mass Payments team from our office in High Wycombe, the Compliance Analyst is responsible for conducting screening reviews and discounting of alerts as well as transaction monitoring investigation of alerts in line with the current policy. They will be expected to assist in the onboarding of new clients in various different geographies, including KYC updates of existing clients, and conducting ad-hoc compliance reviews, reporting requirements and keeping policies and procedures aligned to regulatory standards.
● Be effective in finding data from a number of sources/systems and accurately transfer. Maintain compliance of operational and regulatory risk.
● Work flexibly in a high performing team to ensure team goals, as well as personal responsibilities, are achieved.
● Deliver high standards of quality.
● Develop and maintain knowledge of policy and processes to ensure consistent competency and up-to-date regulatory knowledge.
● Manage caseload throughout the end to end process in a timely manner.
● Monitor own performance to ensure personal targets standards are met.
● Relevant financial crime and/or compliance experience
● An analytic mind and ability to work independently
● Experience in client risk assessments and reviews
● Sound understanding of PEPs and Sanctions
● Solid understanding of AML, CFT and ABC risks
Ebury Mass Payments is a fast growing FinTech positioned within the fast growing group of Ebury companies. A true FinTech success story at the forefront of the international payments sector and has forged a position as one of the most trusted providers of time critical and complex payment services in the market.
Ebury is a Global FinTech with multiple regulated entities around the world and the regulatory footprint will continue to grow.
Founded in 2009, we are headquartered in London and have more than 1300 staff with a presence in more than 20 countries worldwide. Cultural diversity is part of what makes Ebury a special place to be. From Sao Paulo to Dubai, Bucharest to Toronto, we enjoy sharing team experiences and celebrating success across the Ebury family.
Hard work pays off: in 2019, Ebury received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won internationally recognised awards including Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced FinTech sector.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.