Payments Specialist - Transactional Operations - Malaga - Spain
The role is fast-paced and demanding, requires attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure. All work will be conducted in English so fluency, both written and verbal, is essential.
No experience is required and full training will be provided, however existing knowledge of international payments, the SWIFT network, other domestic payment schemes and messages is an advantage.
At the heart of our company, the Transactional Operations Department is made up of different teams which collaborate in order to ensure that new customers, transactions and processes run smoothly and safely in our network.
If you want to develop your professional career in Finance and join an international environment, this is your place.
Working as part of the Malaga-based Payments department you will be responsible for the instruction and execution of outbound payments in over 140 currencies, processing and validating beneficiary bank data and handling payment investigation queries.
Responsibilities will include:
● Completion and verification of payment beneficiaries, ensuring all the requirements are met
● Instruction and verification of outbound payments via SWIFT and other payment schemes, or directly from Banking platforms
● Processing bulk payment files
● Management of payment issues and queries relating to SWIFT and domestic payments, including processing of SWIFT query messages (MT199, MT192, MT195/6 and MT999), in line with internal processes and SLAs
● Investigating non-received, short or returned payments, and processing or escalating cases internally and externally with banking partners as required, in line with internal processes and procedures
● Check and confirmation of status of payments with third party banking and payment platforms
● Processing payment returns, recalls, amendments and rejections, in line with internal processes
● Proactive communication with external liquidity or payment providers
● Supporting other internal teams
The successful candidate will be:
● Proactive, with the ability to work within strict time-frames and under pressure
● Diligent, with excellent attention to detail
● Numerate with an analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills
● Fast learning, with the ability to multitask and prioritise workload appropriately
● Smart, with concise and timely research skills and the ability to find solutions
● Curious and eager to learn, and actively asks questions to confirm understanding of processes and procedures
● Co-operative, and comfortable working in a team environment
● With good communication skills, both written and verbal
Founded in 2009, we are headquartered in London and have more than 1300 staff with a presence in more than 20 countries worldwide. Cultural diversity is part of what makes Ebury a special place to be. From Sao Paulo to Dubai, Bucharest to Toronto, we enjoy sharing team experiences and celebrating success across the Ebury family.
Hard work pays off: in 2019, Ebury received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won internationally recognised awards including Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced FinTech sector.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.