Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
In September 2021, Ebury was named one of the top 15 European Fintechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
The Graduate / Junior Auditor will support the creation, design and implementation of an effective internal audit function at Ebury. The Graduate will report to the Senior Audit Manager (SAM).
The role will encompass and have the following principal responsibilities: Support the Global HoA & SAM Assist in ensuring Ebury successfully executes the planned Audits as set out in the Internal Audit plan (and agreed by the Board'), and that the audits and reviews carried out offer real challenge, insight and oversight of the business.
This will be evidenced through a growing knowledge of the audit cycle and input(s) into:
- Planning Fieldwork Recommendations Draft / Final Report Assist in the creation and implementation of a process to review recommendations raised during audits, reviewing evidence and providing judgements over the quality of remedial actions taken.
- Active engagement with Risk Management Office and other business stakeholders as needed.
- Demonstrate self-motivation by staying on top of any developments in the general market, economic and regulatory environment and address changes that could impact the Internal Audit framework and the broader strategy in the business.
- Provide insights and recommendations to the SAM / G HoA.
- Review the data used by EPL to assess its effectiveness and identify risks and consider whether it is fit for purpose in terms of quality, quantity and breadth and provide oversight and validation of this data and its use in reporting the Ebury’s risks internally to the board committees and externally.
Required skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Good presentation skills, with an ability to distil opinions into impactful communications.
- Ability to work to very tight deadlines, in a fluid, entrepreneurial culture.
- An effective communicator with the ability to build relationships and influence internal and external stakeholders. Ability to provide a constructive challenge(s) to Senior Management.
- Experience in the financial services sector is a plus, preferably with a focus on payments and international transactions.
- Detail-oriented with a natural ability to see through complexity and handle volume and velocity
- Comfortable working within a very flat organisational structure Results orientated holds self and others accountable
- Desire to keep learning, ability to constructively challenge and embrace a collaborative approach to delivering best practice.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.