Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
In September 2021, Ebury was named one of the top 15 European Fintechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
- Safeguarding Ebury, our existing Clients and prospective Client relationships from financial crime risk - including money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption, fraud, sanctions risk, tax evasion and reputational risk
- Performing anti-financial crime checks as part of the ongoing due diligence for corporate and individual clients in compliance with relevant legislative, regulatory and internal requirements
- Comprehensive CDD and EDD checks for corporate clients, including the KYC process, identification and analysis of complex ownership structures, financial statements and transaction patterns
- CDD/EDD analysis across all types of legal entities and business sectors in a variety of jurisdictions with an emphasis on local clients
- Presentation of Ebury’s due diligence requirements to clients in a clear and compliant manner
- Identification of red flags and exposure to financial crime risk, including escalation to Compliance and Senior Management where required - Making risk-based decisions to onboard or reject applications
- Efficient management of a personal portfolio of cases
- Proactive follow-up with clients and sales representatives to ensure timely completion of onboarding analysis
- Documenting client files in a structured format compliant with internal requirements
- Support ad-hoc projects within the department and wider business as required
- Validation of checks carried out by other members of the team
- University degree.
- Highly organised, with the ability to work to deadlines, multi-task, and prioritise and re-prioritise workload as needed
- Diligent, with excellent attention to detail
- Effective critical thinking skills, with the ability to find solutions to problems independently
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal including working alongside the Front Office
- Co-operative, and comfortable working in a team environment, including remote teams
- Articulate in both written and verbal communication. - Working successfully in a target driven operational environment· Ability to manage performance and targets in a fast-paced, pressured environment.
- Very important: Fluency in English and Greek.
- Fluency in any other language is considered a real benefit.
- Adaptable, with the ability to cope with changing products, processes and procedures
- Motivated and driven, with a desire to make Ebury a success
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.