Senior Legal Counsel - Regulatory Lawyer
Location: Brussels, Amsterdam or Paris
Languages: Proficiency in English and French (or Dutch)
Ebury is looking for a lawyer to provide high quality legal and regulatory advice to the Ebury group. We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual who is keen to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and growing company which is focused on building the Ebury brand and supporting its growth trajectory. The person who fills this role will report to the General Counsel, currently based in London.
- drafting and advising on a variety of documents including terms of business, bespoke financing arrangements with clients, strategic partnerships, regulatory submissions and project work which may involve setting up new entities, cross-border regulatory work and M&A activity;
- advising on a variety of matters, with a particular focus on payments and regulatory issues arising from rules and market practice which apply to the payments and FX sectors;
- as Ebury continues to innovate, advising on new product launches and the introduction of existing products into new territories;
- working with business people and the Compliance Department to assess the impact of new rules in Belgium and the European Union and advise on implementation where relevant; and
- representing the Legal Department in internal working groups and in front of clients, partners, regulators and other third parties.
Key skills requirements include:
- at least 2 years of professional experience practising as a qualified lawyer. Exposure to corporate, commercial, competition or finance-related matters is helpful but we are interested in hearing from any legally qualified candidate who is adaptable and willing to learn about our business;
- experience of drafting and negotiating contracts;
- an ability to distil complex legal and regulatory issues with a view to providing pragmatic legal advice to a range of stakeholders;
- being comfortable with managing large and varied workload, balancing competing priorities and being able to flex style to work autonomously and in collaboration with large teams;
- full professional proficiency in English and French or Dutch
- excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business with a well-known and supportive majority shareholder in Banco Santander SA. Ebury is dedicated to investing in its people and valuing its employees.
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.