Interim Head of FCC Advisory & Deputy MLRO - London - Fixed-term
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
In September 2021, Ebury was named one of the top 15 European Fintechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
As the Interim Head of Financial Crime Advisory, you will work with the Group Money Laundering Reporting Officer to help make sure that Ebury’s customers are and remain in line with risk appetite. As part of your role, you will make sure that we are compliant with our legal and regulatory requirements.
● Leading Ebury’s second line Financial Crime Advisory team to make sure timely, accurate and risk based advice and guidance is provided to stakeholders to ensure that Ebury completes the appropriate due diligence on its customers.
● Making sure that the team’s structure, capabilities and processes support the teams remit, evolving and designing procedures and practices as appropriate - aligning with industry practice and regulatory expectations
● In a supportive role to the Group MLRO, you will review all UK SARs recommended for external filing with the NCA
● Providing Second Line oversight of and input into Ebury’s Customer Risk Rating tool, ensuring that any amendments or updates made are within regulatory guidelines
● Providing advice, assessment and second line approval of any new Electronic ID&V Vendors
● Designing and collating management information to support capacity and other types of forward planning within the team, providing relevant team and industry/country updates to the various Financial Crime Fora.
● Ensuring that relevant regulatory/industry updates are provided to the wider Compliance team on a proactive basis.
● MLRO Delegate approvals of Client Risk Rating downgrades, Permanent Exceptions and EDD Cases where requested.
● Review of all Training Module content and support of the Financial Crime Training Plan and Academy
● Provision of efficiency metric and team KRIs, including review of current SLA’s where appropriate
● Ensuring smooth transition into and second line oversight off Ebury’s CLM tool
● Review and update of Ebury’s Country Risk list in conjunction with regulatory updates
● Creation of bespoke client frameworks where appropriate
● Any other support tasks as required by the Group MLRO
● 5-7 years experience in a Financial Crime function with proven management experience within that time.
● Sound knowledge of the UK regulatory environment from an AML/CTF perspective, including an in depth understanding of the UK Money Laundering Regulations, JMLSG and EU Money Laundering Directives.
● Understanding of and experience in Business Wide Risk Assessments
● Comfortable with significant Senior Management/C- Suite exposure and communication
● Demonstrable experience in building frameworks, policies, processes and guidance
● Previous experience of face to face training and creation of training materials
● Professional qualification a prerequisite- ACAMS/ICA etc
● Ideally educated to Degree level
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.