Hello, we’re Ebury!
A TECH COMPANY LEADING FINANCE
Ebury is a FinTech success story, a FIN success thanks to a brilliant TECH team.
Positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector. We apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes with a clear mission: helping small and medium-sized businesses to prosper and grow.
We make it easier for SMEs to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are headquartered in London and have more than 1300 staff, with a presence in more than 20 countries worldwide.
Cultural diversity is part of what makes Ebury a special place to be. From Sao Paulo to Dubai, Bucharest to Toronto, we enjoy sharing team experiences and celebrating success across the Ebury family.
Hard work pays off: in 2019, Ebury received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won internationally recognised awards including Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies.
In September 2021, Ebury was named one of the top 15 European Fintechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced FinTech sector.
About our Technolgy team:
Our Technology team is 100% remote, with our engineers currently spread mainly over Europe and South America. We use Slack and Google Meet to communicate regularly. We have our own co-working space in Málaga where teammates from around the world can get together and collaborate.
We have grown exponentially in the last 10 years. In 2013, the Tech team was composed of no more than three members and we worked in a small incubator in Málaga’s Science Park. Now we’re over 120 people, with further expansion planned and enjoying full-time remote work, which allows us to offer a better work-life balance for our employees.
As far as we can see, there are no limits to how far we can take this! We consider ourselves small Spartans that are becoming leading professionals and we’re proud of this.
Are you ready to be an Eburian?
If you are an SRE and you want to move forward with your professional career in an international and dynamic environment, this job is for you!
You will be joining our SRE team to focus on site reliability of our Finance and Foreign Exchange platform, specifically looking to further decouple our application deployment and infrastructure. We are mainly in AWS, and we are actively migrating to EKS and implementing Kafka.
Candidate required skills:
- Several years of relevant industry experience building large scale distributed systems.
- Experience operating web-scale deployments of containerised systems on Kubernetes and Amazon or Google Container Services.
- A deep understanding of programming languages and the systems you've worked on.
- A passion for architecting large systems with elegant interfaces that can scale easily
- A hunger for tracking down root causes, no matter where it takes you and fixing them in systematic ways. Working with code owners to prevent repeats.
- A love for writing code - we use Python; you don’t need to be an expert, but the experience is a plus and we will expect you to learn on the job.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and willingness to uphold Eburys values.
- Our operating language is English but a knowledge of Spanish or Portuguese is a bonus.
More reasons to join us?
- Being part of a remote-first distributed technology team that cares deeply about culture and best practices, and believes in agile principles.
- Clear career progression framework with regular reviews.
- Continued personal development through training and certification.
- Contribute to our technical design through our open and collaborative Request For Comments (RFC) process.
- Participate in one of the most disruptive sectors in the tech industry
- We are Open Source friendly, following Open Source principles in our internal projects and encouraging contributions to external projects.
- Possibility to participate in conferences for your own professional growth
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.