Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
In September 2021, Ebury was named one of the top 15 European Fintechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
The Global Head of Screening & Transaction Monitoring will have delegated responsibility from the SVP FC Operations to manage the Payment Screening and Transaction Monitoring function. They will play a key role in managing over 30 staff to ensure they continue to deliver the required management of incoming operational alert volumes, act as a key stakeholder for the relevant systems, perform external and internal stakeholder management and implement company strategy as directed.
This role has a key part in the company's future growth strategy and so this is an opportunity for candidates to make a mark in Ebury and its growth ambitions. Thus candidates must be prepared to meet challenging strategic objectives and manage multi-strategy streams.
- Engage with relevant senior stakeholders both internally and externally to ensure effective communication and collaboration. The Screening & TM Head will act as an escalation point for any incidents, breaches or system-related issues ensuring that they are raised within the appropriate governance forum and resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure that all management information produced is targeted, effective and provides the SVP FC Operations with useful insight into key strategic KPIs and KRIs
- Manage the end to end implementation of new Transaction Monitoring rules and initiatives, providing a full understanding of the impact of any changes and a considered plan for contingency
- Drive performance against targets within the function including the management of local Managers and Supervisors within the Centre
- Ensuring that knowledge of team members is up-to-date and appropriate for the tasks being undertaken, plus identifying training needs and addressing these as appropriate
- Participating in recruitment processes, including initial candidate selection and interviews
- Use critical thinking to provide efficient solutions to problems impacting the wider team, which take into account scalability, efficiency, service and risk
- Contribute to the improvement of processes by providing ideas and feedback that strike a balance between efficiency and risk
- Work closely with other Managers and Senior members of Ebury to share knowledge and ensure consistent training and messages are being transmitted, as well as to ensure the wider team is functioning as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Support in the preparation of internal and external audits and regulatory exams/audits where required
- Develop and maintain business SLA’s in-line with client expectations while ensuring budgetary discipline is enforced
- Work with existing suppliers and develop further service and system enhancement opportunities
- Create and monitor projects and ensure they are completed in a timely manner
- Review workloads and staff resourcing to ensure targets are met
- Work as part of the Senior Management Team to contribute operational expertise in the development and implementation of organisational strategies, procedures, practices, and applications
- Grow the efficiency of existing organisational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organisation’s internal capacity
- Operational management experience, able to lead large operational teams in a remote managerial setting, driving performance to reach optimum efficiencies
- An understanding of Screening and Transaction Monitoring processes and requirements, including the regulatory basis for these.
- Able to operate effectively within a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Proactive and highly organised, able to work to deadlines, multi-task, and prioritise and re-prioritise workload as needed, in line with business requirements
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset, with the ability to find solutions to problems that are appropriate to the scale of the challenge and take into account impact at a company level
- Good grasp of the concept of continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Empathetic, with good interpersonal skills
- Passionate about people, with a drive to support the learning and development of team members
- Curious and engaged, proactively seeks new information to expand their own knowledge and skills
- Comfortable working in a high-change environment, with the ability to rapidly adapt to changing products, processes and procedures
- Motivated and driven, with a strong desire to make Ebury a success
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.