Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
In September 2021, Ebury was named one of the top 15 European Fintechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
You will spend your time focusing on monitoring & Surveillance, conducting audits & reviews, dealing with queries from both front office and senior management regarding regulatory challenges, reporting, specific case studies tailored to the company and interpreting the local and global regulations, so you must be able to communicate your knowledge clearly and concisely and be comfortable presenting to the team and to the other departments as well.
The role will sit within the Group Compliance team which sits in overall compliance
department, the successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Compliance Assurance, Monitoring & Regulation.
- Carry out call monitoring on direct and indirect clients as part of the CMP
- Perform PM website & Financial promotional literature audits
- Perform PM thematic reviews
- Carry out 2nd line comms & surveillance monitoring, working closely with FCC, AML &
- transaction monitoring teams.
- Managing the internal company training programme along with External PM training.
- Support Senior Management.
- Collate MI and run data analysis, present your findings to senior management or
- members of the board
- Must have Monitoring & Surveillance, financial crime related experience in the financial Services
- Preferably having experience in an e-money/payment institution
- Minimum 1-3 years industry experience
- Strong knowledge of the financial regulations and current regulatory changes (MiFID & Brexit).
- Must be able to communicate clearly, along with working to strict deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced industry and high performing team
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.