Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
In September 2021, Ebury was named one of the top 15 European Fintechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
To date, Ebury has been working directly with a selection of audit firms on a project by project basis. There is now a recognition, given the size, scale, and complexity of Ebury, of the need to build a dedicated audit function internally.
As part of the department build-up, coupled with the ongoing company focus on strengthening it’s risk management framework the focus of this role will be to work with key business stakeholders to identify key areas of focus for Technology teams and assess and recommend improvements to the IT risk and control environment.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Contribute as (IT) SME to the Group Internal Audit risk assessment and plan;
- Support and undertake firm-wide assessment of IT risks and controls, including general controls environment, security controls and automated controls embedded within information systems environment;
- Experience in delivery of all audit phases (planning, execution, completion & draft reporting) of the including those of a complex nature, ensuring timely, complete and accurate outputs.
- Verifying that controls relating to major systems and their implementation are in place and operating effectively and assist in conducting special reviews to provide assurance at the direction of Board or other relevant Senior Stakeholders.
- Act as IA representative on key business project working groups, with a focus on Technology initiatives.
- Produce and manage necessary reporting with an ability to summarise and produce formal reporting into senior committees. including updates to the Board Audit Committee,
- Work with HoA & SAM to ensure views of IA team are represented in the views drawn out to management.
- Capture and document supporting IA materials which are required to demonstrate the IA methodology and approach.
Skills / Education:
- Qualified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Information Security Certified consultant or equivalent qualification;
- 3-5 years' experience developed as IT Systems Security professional or infrastructure controls auditing;
- Experience in IT governance, internal controls evaluation, compliance to GDPR and ISO-IEC 27001;
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements - FCA/PRA, EU, BCBS and how to apply them to a financial services company (payments firms a bonus).
- Experience in the financial services sector, preferably with a focus on payments and international transactions
- Previous experience of working within agile, comparable sized institutions & understanding the challenges of affecting change in a cost-conscious environment.
- Good presentation skills, with an ability to distill opinions into impactful communications and an ability to work to tight deadlines, in a fluid, entrepreneurial culture
- An effective communicator with the ability to build relationships and influence Senior (up to Exec) internal and external stakeholders
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.