Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
In September 2021, Ebury was named one of the top 15 European Fintechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
Are you ready to join us?
Here at Ebury, we have a flat structure. This means teams join various different steps of the production process in a proactive way all while being in permanent contact with stakeholders. Our ideal candidate needs strong teamwork skills and is hungry to leave a footprint in this sector.
- Act as a mentor for junior team members
- Discuss and estimate new feature requests within the team and with internal stakeholders
- Conceptualise and develop new features in our front-end product stack
- Analyse and fix bugs reported by our support team
- Act as incident planning lead to coordinate resolution, root cause analysis and postmortem sessions
- Work with the team to improve the front-end stacks architecture and software design following best practices
- Work with other development teams to improve the overall system architecture
- Create and review technical RFCs which document software architecture, best practices and common behavior
- Collaborate with other software development engineers on process enhancements and code reviews.
Our stack is composed of several frameworks that have changed over the years. The most relevant for your position are:
- Backend: Python3, Django, PostgreSQL, Redis, Rest APIs
- Other tools: Git, JIRA, Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Kubernetes, Github
Candidate required skills:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience building SPAs with VueJS or similar frameworks
- Good knowledge of CSS and some post-processors like PostCSS
- Good experience in frontend testing with Cypress or similar technologies
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Have proficient problem-solving skills and strong technical troubleshooting skills.
- Experience building up applications from concept to finished product
Valuable extra skills:
- Software development experience with Python and Django.
- Experience with developing node.js applications
- Experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL
- Experience with Agile Methodologies and Continuous Integration.
- Anything you think could be useful for us? Go for it!
More reasons to join us?
- Being part of a remote-first distributed technology team that cares deeply about culture and best practices, and believes in agile principles.
- Clear career progression framework with regular reviews.
- Continued personal development through training and certification.
- Contribute to our technical design through our open and collaborative Request For Comments (RFC) process.
- Participate in one of the most disruptive sectors in the tech industry
- We are Open Source friendly, following Open Source principles in our internal projects and encouraging contributions to external projects.
- Possibility to participate in conferences for your own professional growth
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.