Ebury, a new concept of a tech company leading finance
Ebury is a FinTech success story, a FIN success thanks to a brilliant TECH team, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies and with the recent support of Grupo Santander, which has decided to invest heavily in our project.
And what do we do? We apply the best technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. We help small and medium-sized businesses to simplify international trade by eliminating boundaries and provide expertise that our clients wouldn't be able to get from a traditional bank.
Founded in 2009, and headquartered in London, we have more than 1150 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury received in 2019 a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our GREAT PEOPLE. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech sector.
Do you want to take a closer look at our projects and culture? Check it out!
Are you ready to join us?
- Act as a mentor for junior team members
- Discuss and estimate new feature requests within the team and with internal stakeholders
- Conceptualise and develop new features in our front-end product stack
- Analyse and fix bugs reported by our support team
- Act as incident planning lead to coordinate resolution, root cause analysis and postmortem sessions
- Work with the team to improve the front-end stacks architecture and software design following best practices
- Work with other development teams to improve the overall system architecture
- Create and review technical RFCs which document software architecture, best practices and common behavior
- Collaborate with other software development engineers on process enhancements and code reviews.
Our stack is composed of several frameworks that have changed over the years. The most relevant for your position are:
- Backend: Python3, Django, PostgreSQL, Redis, Rest APIs
- Other tools: Git, JIRA, Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Kubernetes, Github
Candidate required skills:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience building SPAs with VueJS or similar frameworks
- Good knowledge of CSS and some post-processors like PostCSS
- Good experience in frontend testing with Cypress or similar technologies
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Have proficient problem-solving skills and strong technical troubleshooting skills.
- Experience building up applications from concept to finished product
Valuable extra skills:
- Software development experience with Python and Django.
- Experience with developing node.js applications
- Experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL
- Experience with Agile Methodologies and Continuous Integration.
- Anything you think could be useful for us? Go for it!
Ebury is characterized by a horizontal structure, where teams join all the steps of the production process in a proactive way and in permanent contact with stakeholders. That’s why the ideal candidate needs teamwork aptitudes and be ready to leave a footprint in this sector.
Why will you love working with us:
- You will be part of a remote-first distributed technology team that cares deeply about people, culture and best practices, and believes in agile principles. Take a look here and see what our team say about us!
- You’ll have continuous professional growth thanks to our career progression framework with regular reviews.
- You’ll improve your personal development through training and certification.
- You’ll contribute to our technical design through our open and collaborative Request For Comments (RFC) process.
- We are Open Source friendly, following Open Source principles in our internal projects and encouraging contributions to external projects.
- An in-depth onboarding process to make you feel part of the team from your first day.
- If you wish to improve your English skills, you’ll be able to take lessons in the school of your choice.
Due to our remote-first organisation and our remote-focused onboarding system, you will feel a crucial part of the team since day one. Curious about what working remotely is like at Ebury? Take a look and see what our team say about us!
If there’s something that you can do in our Tech team, it is growing professionally: thanks to our career path and our collaborative and cross-team working, every day is a new adventure. Get ready to take your career to the next level
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.