Please note: this role will be based in Amsterdam for the induction period. The role can then be based out of Luxembourg or Amsterdam (with a requirement for regular travel to Luxembourg).
The Business Development Manager will have responsibility for promoting the growth of the Ebury brand into new markets and territories through independent research and campaigns. This commercial role will require working closely with the TSCP and Fund administration sector in Luxembourg.
This is a great opportunity to develop the next phase of your career within the FinTech sector and play a key role in the growth of Ebury. Ebury is a true meritocracy - your performance will be recognised and rewarded.
- Originate new business autonomously by focusing on our currency account (IBAN) solution.
- Collaborate with country sales teams to cross-sell cash management, FX hedging and payment products.
- Understand the client's business environments, strategies, and industry to provide the best solution for their situation.
- Know and understand the competition's capabilities and gaps to better position Ebury’ s Banking solutions.
- Promote sales through frequent client meetings and discussions covering new products, market and industry developments.
- Expand existing business and provide feedback to technology and product managers.
- Support the Ebury strong client relationship/servicing culture through on-going customer contact, written call reports via Salesforce, quality customer service and superior product knowledge.
You will have a track record of sales performance in your current role and be able to evidence career progression as a result. While this is more important than the products or services you have been selling you will have a strong interest and understanding of FinTech and a desire to develop the next phase of your career in financial services.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas and market share goals.
- Able to develop sales strategies, techniques and tactics based on customer feedback and market environment; presents key selling points, features, and benefits while focusing message on customer needs and expectations
- Skilled negotiator, able to build and leverage relationships at senior levels
- Relationship focused, you will enjoy nurturing long-term commercial relationships resulting in repeat business and network referrals.
- Financial Services sales experience and a network of contacts would be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience of the local Luxembourg market preferable
- Ideally with business/finance or legal academic background
- Good understanding of the Trust and Company Service Provider (TSCP) sector
- Good understanding of Fund Administration especially on Private Equity and Real Estate
- Ability to bring passion, energy and motivation to a sales organisation
- First-class communication skills, able to win people's commitment and buy-in with gravitas and credibility
- Quick learner; strong analytical skills
- Fluent English essential
- Working proficiency in French beneficial
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.