Senior Technical Support Engineer
IT & Technology · Sao Paulo Flexible Remote
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
Are you ready to join us?
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, your job will focus on supporting all the different areas of the business with a team of specialists. You will:
- Act as a mentor for junior team members.
- Want to be part of a close collaborative team.
- Troubleshoot and debug software and infrastructure issues raised by end-users of the software our engineering teams have built.
- Verify and document bugs for tracking and escalation.
- Incident management, including managing communication with stakeholders and coordinating with development teams.
- Be an expert in Ebury’s products.
- Work with the Software Engineering teams to establish support workflows and monitoring plans for new products and projects.
- Work with trusted vendors to solve service events.
- Collaborate with other software development engineers on process enhancements and code reviews.
Candidate required skills:
- Experience providing L2/L3 support in a tech-driven business.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Have proficient problem-solving skills and strong technical troubleshooting skills.
- Software development experience with Python and Django.
- Familiar with AWS Cloud and Linux administration.
- Knowledge of money flows in a fintech environment.
Valuable extra skills:
- Experience with Agile Methodologies and Continuous Integration.
- Use tooling to manipulate data in PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Celery, Redis
- Use Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus, Nagios, Sentry to identify service events
- Salesforce Administration
- Anything you think could be useful for us? Go for it!
More reasons to join us?
- Being part of a remote-first distributed technology team that cares deeply about culture and best practices, and believes in agile principles.
- 3 days a week working from home, with two from our Sao Paulo office.
- Clear career progression framework with regular reviews.
- Continued personal development through training and certification.
- Contribute to our technical design through our open and collaborative Request For Comments (RFC) process.
- We are Open Source friendly, following Open Source principles in our internal projects and encouraging contributions to external projects.
- An in-depth onboarding process to make you feel part of the team from your first day.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.