Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
We are rebuilding and transforming our Finance function for the next important stage of the Ebury journey. You will act as a key member of the senior finance team, leading the execution of our transformation plans.
- Working with our Heads of Group Financial Control and Shared Service Centre, you will evaluate for efficiency and effectiveness all of our accounting process workflows (including IFRS 9, IFRS 16, intercompany reconciliations, trade finance accounting, intangible asset accounting, treasury-related other balance sheet account substantiation)
- You will plan and lead the process to improve controls, process flows and automation opportunities for those processes.
- You will lead the Finance function’s work to automate and centralise all of these Group accounting processes into our developing a near-shored Shared Service Centre.
- In support of our important annual audit and reporting processes, you will also work with Group Finance Control to review and enhance the processes for balance sheet reconciliations and substantiations across all the Group’s jurisdictions.
- Work as a key leader within the Finance function, you will be a collaborative leader who can work proactively across a geographically distributed team, working within Ebury’s ‘one Group’ model.
- Over 5 years post-qualified accounting experience, with demonstrable successes in delivering finance process transformation and remediation
- A background in the financial services and the FX industry is preferred, especially with experience in accounting for high-volume financial transactions
- You will have demonstrable experience in delivering measurable benefits through process improvement and automation. Your Finance systems experience will allow you to leverage our core proprietary Ebury systems, third party processing systems and our own instance of the Oracle NetSuite ledger system to deliver our goals.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.