Ebury, a new concept of a tech company leading finance
Ebury is a FinTech success story, a FIN success thanks to a brilliant TECH team, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies and with the recent support of Grupo Santander, which has decided to invest heavily in our project.
And what do we do? We apply the best technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. We help small and medium-sized businesses to simplify international trade by eliminating boundaries and provide expertise that our clients wouldn't be able to get from a traditional bank.
Founded in 2009, and headquartered in London, we have more than 1150 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury received in 2019 a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our GREAT PEOPLE. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech sector.
Do you want to take a closer look at our projects and culture? Check it out!
You will contribute to the development of a transactional banking platform, focusing on receiving and issuing payments in more than 140 currencies. Our platform is a single platform (20+ Services) with 3 distinct channels for users to access our core functionality:
- Salesforce.com for our front office staff,
- Online banking portal built with Vue.js and
- A Rest API for 3rd party integrations.
Using tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Sentry, Prometheus, and ELK you and your team will build and run services in a number of environments and will be responsible for defining and achieving Service Level Objectives for your code.
Work with cross-functional product and technology teams across the company to build new features at a large and multi-region scale, which will run smoothly in Docker containers on AWS ECS and Kubernetes.
- You have extensive experience in delivering complex software systems. Having experience in financial systems is desirable but most important is that you know how to motivate and set up high-performance teams.
- Agility is important to us, we expect you to guide your team through changes in requirements, work with product owners to plan what to work on.
- You care deeply about user experiences and own (define, implement, improve) appropriate metrics to measure them. You make decisions based on data and facts.
- Quality is important to us, we expect your team’s code to be testable and well covered with unit and integration tests. We use CI Jenkins pipelines and terraform for the deployment of services and infrastructure.
- Ebury Tech is a multi-cultural and distributed team, you will need great English communication skills and experience working in a global environment to be successful.
- Work closely with Product to have clear implementation plans for product roadmaps.
- Help your engineers grow their skills and experience.
- Run agile project management processes.
- Conduct code reviews, and make technical contributions to product architecture as well as getting involved in solving bugs and delivering small features.
- Generate and implement process improvements.
- Hold regular 1:1's with all members of your team, and participate in cross-team, skip-level 1:1’s.
- Give regular and clear feedback around an individual's performance.
- Foster technical decision making on the team, but make final decisions when necessary.
- Take part in our recruitment process, interviewing candidates, and onboarding new hires.
- Engage in our incident management process, leading both responses and retrospectives.
- Draft and review quarterly Engineering KPIs for your team.
- Improve product quality, security, and performance.
- 5 or more years of experience in software development.
- 2 or more years of experience in a leadership role with current backend technologies.
- In-depth experience with Python or Go; other languages may be considered depending on experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a good level of English.
- Experience working in the financial sector.
- 2 or more years experience of working with global team members in a distributed environment.
- Open source SQL databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Familiarity with distributed tools e.g., Jira, Bitbucket, Slack, GSuite.
- Knowledge of Agile Development tools, techniques and principles (SCRUM).
- Familiar with AWS infrastructure and container orchestration.
Ebury is characterized by a horizontal structure, where teams join all the steps of the production process in a proactive way and in permanent contact with stakeholders. That’s why the ideal candidate needs teamwork aptitudes and be ready to leave a footprint in this sector.
Why will you love working with us:
- You will be part of a remote-first distributed technology team that cares deeply about people, culture and best practices, and believes in agile principles. Take a look here and see what our team say about us!
- You’ll have continuous professional growth thanks to our career progression framework with regular reviews.
- You’ll improve your personal development through training and certification.
- You’ll contribute to our technical design through our open and collaborative Request For Comments (RFC) process.
- We are Open Source friendly, following Open Source principles in our internal projects and encouraging contributions to external projects.
- An in-depth onboarding process to make you feel part of the team from your first day.
- If you wish to improve your English skills, you’ll be able to take lessons in the school of your choice.
Due to our remote-first organisation and our remote-focused onboarding system, you will feel a crucial part of the team since day one. Curious about what working remotely is like at Ebury? Take a look and see what our team say about us!
If there’s something that you can do in our Tech team, it is growing professionally: thanks to our career path and our collaborative and cross-team working, every day is a new adventure. Get ready to take your career to the next level
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.