Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
This is a Development role within the Ebury Business Application Automation Team, which focuses on automating flows between internal applications within the company. It provides an opportunity to work with various technologies with the goal of removing manual steps in internal flows, enabling user self-service, creating cost and time savings and maintaining quality. This is a chance to be creative, learn about FinTech, and show how your skills can add value to the business.
You will automate flows between our key business applications in CRM, Telephony, HR, RegTech, Reconciliation and others:
- Create, deploy and maintain automation flows across all areas of the business
- Analyse business flows and design appropriate automations
- Select the right technologies and approaches for the flows in scope
- Continuously improve automation and use of technologies
- Create self-service forms to ensure data quality and drive entry points to flows
- Monitor the technology space for new entrants and improvements to existing capabilities
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- At least 2 years in a development, a similar automation role, or any hands-on technical role
- API authentication basics (OAuth, Credentials, Keys...)
- Google Cloud Platform, Google Apps Script an advantage
- AWS Lambda (events and schedules) an advantage
- No-code automation apps such as Zapier or Integromat an advantage
- English language proficiency
- Problem-solving and quality focus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Being part of a remote-first distributed technology team that cares deeply about culture and best practices, and believes in agile principles.
- Clear career progression framework with regular reviews.
- Continued personal development through training and certification.
- An in-depth onboarding process to make you feel part of the team from your first day.