Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
The Finance team is a strong and growing part of the business. We’re looking for an individual who can support and challenge us in our journey to take finance and financial controls to the next level.
The Senior Accounting Manager will work within the Finance and Tax team in Finance, supporting the Group Finance Director to establish a strong financial control framework for Ebury and work on projects for a wider CFO function.
The Finance and Tax team is responsible for maintaining proper accounting records both locally and at a Group level, including Financial and Management Reporting, Tax and Regulatory reporting. The role will incorporate establishing and enhancing control measures and identifying opportunities for Ebury to be more efficient and effective.
About the role:
You will be instrumental in delivering an efficient and effective Financial Control framework across our global operations. The Finance and Tax team is a commercially focused, business partnering team, where you will work with key business control owners throughout the organisation.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.
- You’ll support the development of a culture of ownership and accountability for identifying and initiating change that will improve processes, controls, and systems
- You’ll proactively engage with all functional areas across Ebury’s global operations, and external parties, undertaking an analytical review of processes, ensuring appropriate controls are in place and advising on improvements and efficiencies to provide timely reporting to external parties.
- Qualified accountant with at least 1-3 years post-qualification experience
- IFRS and EU Tax expertise
- Consolidation experience in multiple jurisdictions and cross-currencies
- External stakeholder management including liaising with external auditors and regulators
- Able to influence colleagues at all levels, and communicate governance, business risk and internal control issues in a clear and straightforward way
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deadlines, work to tight schedules and provide a fast and efficient turnaround of tasks and problem resolutions
- Be an analytical thinker who can focus on detail with a pragmatic outlook, able to lead debate and drive change whilst bearing in mind strategic requirements
- High adaptability - ability to cope with product, system and role and responsibility change in a rapidly growing company
- Have an understanding of financial services
- Experience in a FinTech environment is preferred
- Experience with NetSuite or Google Suite preferred