Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
The Finance team is a strong and growing part of the business. We’re looking for an individual who can support and challenge us in our journey to take finance and business partnering to the next level.
About the role:
The Head of MI & Group Performance Management will report to the Group Finance Director and will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a strong performance management and reporting framework for Ebury. The role-holder will also be responsible for developing business partnering relationships across the Group, supported by a small team.
The role-holder will also work closely with the Group Financial Control function to understand and articulate the effect of financial reporting standards upon reported business performance.
You will be instrumental in delivering an efficient and effective Performance Management framework, leading the finance business partnering relationships for Ebury’s core regulated entities and in our developing global operations. The Finance and Tax team is a commercially focused, business partnering team, where you will work with key business control owners throughout the organisation.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director, the Head of Group Performance Management will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of the monthly consolidated Group and entity reporting packs, liaising with colleagues within Finance and other non-Finance areas to coordinate information required in line with deadlines.
- Prepare analysis and commentary for monthly financial results, identifying and coordinating information requirements from operating subsidiaries and branches.
- Develop management reporting to track, understand and comment on business performance.
- Develop relationships across the business, including sales, product, treasury and technology to deliver business insights
- Work closely with the Group Financial Control team to understand and articulate the effect of IFRS and local GAAP policies upon the financial results and regulatory capital positions
- Work with the Group Financial Controller to manage and improve the month end reporting process.
- Support the Group FP&A team in developing financial projections at entity and branch level.
- Develop capability within the team to use the Netsuite ledger system to maximum advantage, champion improvements within Finance and ensure the Finance team is using reporting and analysis functionality to its best effect
- Support the Group Financial Control team in the preparation of information required for entity statutory accounts for Group entities.
- Other ad hoc analysis and group reporting requirements.
- Liaise with and coach Finance colleagues to ensure efficient and effective processes across the teams, including month-end close checklists, timetables and procedures.
- Qualified accountant with at least 5 years post-qualification experience
- Group management accounting experience in multiple jurisdictions and cross-currencies
- A proven finance partner to the business, and able to use analytic tools to develop commercial insights.
- Proactive internal stakeholder management skills, including liaising with non-finance functions including treasury, technology, product teams and regulatory reporting teams.
- Able to influence colleagues at all levels, and communicate governance, business risk and internal control issues in a clear and straightforward way
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deadlines, work to tight schedules and provide a fast and efficient turnaround of tasks and problem resolutions
- Be an analytical thinker who can focus on detail with a pragmatic outlook, able to lead debate and drive change whilst bearing in mind strategic requirements
- High adaptability - ability to cope with product, system and role and responsibility change in a rapidly growing company
- Experience in a regulated financial services environment with FX industry knowledge is preferred
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.