Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
Responsible for spreading the word, creating new business opportunities and contact networks, our Sales team is the key driver of our growth. If you have excellent communication and relationship-building skills, this is your place.
Develop your professional career in Sales in an international environment and become an expert in Financial Markets. Show the world what Ebury is made of. Ready to join the revolution?
You will create, manage and develop new business in the Swiss German market while gaining client opportunities, from cold-calling to close of business, working alongside an experienced team. Specifically, you will:
- Through cold calling, develop a database of leads/prospective clients segmented by industry sector and by foreign exchange turnover, as well as trade finance perspective.
- Take advantage of Ebury’s cutting edge, data-driven lead sourcing technology “Sonar”.
- Attend exhibitions or networking events where potential new business opportunities could be pursued.
Create the Ebury Value Proposition
- Research the client and sector to identify possible client needs and solutions Ebury can offer.
- Present Ebury services to prospects and create solutions for their foreign exchange, hedging, payment and/or trade finance requirements.
- Where appropriate set up meetings for you and a senior colleague to visit the client and close business.
- Increase your market knowledge and develop relationships with clients by keeping them up to date on currency market.
Win Business & Create Opportunities
- Manage the relationship with our account management team to speed up the conversion from sign-up to first trade.
- Over time Business Developers can move into more senior sales positions, from industry sector specialist to head of desk, or progress into a dealing or account management role.
- The speed of progression is dependent on performance and capability, Ebury is a genuine meritocracy.
- Your performance as a Business Developer will be measured in terms of new business generation, activity and quality performance targets.
- The revenue generated from the accounts you bring on for the company will gauge your performance.
- Bilingual Swiss German/German
- Fluent Business English
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable commercial experience
- Interest in and/or a basic knowledge of finance and/or economics
- Research skills
- Commercial acumen and ambition
- Degree level education
- Competitive, with an attractive performance-based commission component from day one
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.