Compliance Manager & MLRO
Compliance, Hong Kong
Compliance Manager & MLRO
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Headquartered in London & with offices across Europe opening in Dubai, North America and APAC, we empower businesses that want to trade and transact internationally. We drive innovation through technology, providing businesses with the tools they need to manage their international trade and support their growth, including import lending, currency and risk products, and payment and collection facilities.
The talent of our 700+ multicultural staff, combined with our cutting-edge technology, tailored product range, and exceptional customer service, has enabled us to double in size year after year. Today we have 18 offices across the world, with even more exciting expansion plans to come.
Even through our tremendous growth, we maintain a vibrant and enjoyable company culture, and those who excel in our highly meritocratic and fast-paced environment will be generously rewarded.
Are you ready to disrupt financial services?
As a result of phenomenal growth and ongoing expansion, we are now looking for a Compliance Officer based in Hong Kong to support Ebury’s growth, reporting to the Head of Compliance and VP of Operations.
The main purpose of this role is to maintain the integrity of the Hong Kong Licence (MSO)under the AMLO,ensuring adherence to legislative requirements. In addition, this role will provide oversight of the regulatory compliance requirements, implementing this into policies and procedures, as well as overseeing the firm’s financial crime regime locally, and supporting our training and development program.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a self-driven Compliance Specialist who has gained at least three years’ experience within the financial industry in both regulatory and operational compliance, and someone who has the ability to take ownership of a Compliance framework in a fast paced Fintech environment.
The person must demonstrate proven organisational and time management skills, have excellent communications skills (both written and verbal), with the ability to gain credibility fast and influence key stakeholders.
The working environment is fast paced, agile and highly results orientated so the individual must be comfortable working within this type of highly rewarding, dynamic environment. In addition, the individual must be comfortable with working autonomously, have relevant Compliance/Legal qualifications and a good level of commercial awareness.
Key Responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Implement all regulatory and legislation requirements and changes from local regulators
- Responsibility for the development and maintenance of relevant parts of the compliance framework (AML/CTF/ABC, etc)
- Liaise closely with the HQ (London) to ensure that compliance policies and procedures are consistent with company policy
- Carry out training with front office and ensure that they execute in line with compliance policies
- Assist in liaising with local regulators and be first point of contact when representing the company
- Ensure customer complaints are handled appropriately
- Help building the operational compliance processes based on the local policies (liaise with the VP of Operations and her team)
- Lead the onboarding process of the customers, as well as help building the framework for risk assessment and transactions monitoring
- Data analysis and reporting of the payments clearing system; conducting due diligence on suspicious parties and transactions, submitting locally
- Duties involve carrying out DD/KYC for customers including analysing Ultimate Beneficial Owners, conducting PEP screening, negative news analysis, FATCA and Volcker status for reporting and client risk classification
- Maintaining and monitoring the Ebury’s Compliance framework and assisting to improve where necessary
- Overseeing the Risk Management Strategy framework and Information Barriers
- Conducting Independent Compliance and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Ensuring that the operations of the branch complies with laws and other regulatory provisions
- Providing compliance training to all local employees, as well as drafting and modifying training materials and updating training register