Operations Executive - Canada
Operations Executive - Canada
Ebury is a FinTech success story, a member of TechCityUK’s FutureFifty 2017 and the FT 1000: Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies.
Headquartered in London and with 14 offices across Europe and now globally. We focus on empowering small and medium-sized businesses that want to trade and transact internationally. We drive innovation through technology, providing businesses with the tools they need to manage their international trading, support their growth with import lending products, and offer currency and sophisticated risk products to facilitate payment and collection facilities.
As a company we are too young for bureaucracy and don't even understand complex management hierarchies. Instead we simply believe in getting things done. With an average age of only 26 across our 550+ employees, we all share one common trait: ambition.
This is a unique opportunity to join an award-winning, rapidly growing FX and Payments company at a key point in business expansion. This is a junior position entry level.
Taking the role of Operations Executive - Canada you will be responsible for a range of operational functions to support the business including customer due diligence, FX trade processing, outbound payment processing and related client support in these areas, for both North American and European business.
Day to day tasks will include but not limited to conducting initial customer due diligence checks on new clients, reconciling inward, instructing and processing outbound client payments in over 100 currencies via SWIFT and other routes. Conducting sanctions screening on client and payment data in line with regulatory requirements. It is expected that the role will develop over time as the Canadian client base, and, later, the US client base, grows, the successful candidate will be well-placed to grow within the business.
Reporting directly to the Head of Operations - North America, the successful candidate will work closely with the European Operations Teams, based in Malaga, Spain.
Key Responsibilities, Performing key operational functions
- FX trade confirmation, validation and processing (including settlement)
- Reconciliation of client funds received to settle FX transactions
- Instruction, processing and execution of outbound currency payments via SWIFT or alternative payment systems
- Screening and monitoring of payments in line with regulatory rules
- Conducting CDD and KYC checks on new clients
- Client support in relation to the above, including online platform support
- Adherence to all internal regulatory, anti-money-laundering, anti-terrorist- financing and related policies and procedures
- Liaising with local banking partners to resolve banking issues
- Identification of areas for process and client service improvements on an ongoing basis in line with business, market and product developments
- Assisting in process development and roll-out of new products within local team
- Entry level position general knowledge and basic background in Finance and FX markets
- Hands-on, proactive, and with a can-do, problem-solving approach
- Energetic, with the desire to help make Ebury’s North American business a success!
- Numerate with an analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deadlines, work to tight schedules and provide a fast and efficient turnaround of tasks and problem resolutions
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- High adaptability - ability to cope with product, system and role and responsibility change in a rapidly growing company