Trade Support Analyst
Trade Support Analyst
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Headquartered in London and with offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America and Asia, we empower businesses that want to trade and transact internationally. We drive innovation through technology, providing businesses with the tools they need to manage their international trade and support their growth, including import lending, currency and risk products, and payment and collection facilities.
The talent of our 800+ multicultural staff, combined with our cutting edge technology, tailored product range, and exceptional customer service has enabled us to double in size year after year. Today we have 23 offices across the world, with even more exciting expansion plans to come.
Are you ready to disrupt financial services?
Working as part of the Trade Support team from our offices in Málaga city centre you will be responsible for processing foreign exchange transactions booked by front office staff, trade amendments and trade cancellations through a range of different liquidity providers, as well as calculating margin calls and reconciling trade settlements.
We are looking for new or recent graduates who are smart, driven and ambitious and want to join us in our journey to build a global business! This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing, international company in a role which offers professional growth and career progression.
The role is fast-paced and demanding, and attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure are a necessity. All work will be conducted in English so fluency, both written and verbal, is essential.
No experience is required and full training will be provided, however existing knowledge of FX trading and/or accounting is an advantage.
Responsibilities will include:
- Processing of currency trades entered by front office dealing team
- Management of trade amendments including sell backs, swaps and cancellations
- Trade booking and entry for fixed price contracts
- Execution of FX swaps
- Reconciling currency trade settlements and investigating and resolving discrepancies
- Supporting Treasury and Dealing teams in resolving trade errors or issues
The successful candidate will be:
- Proactive, with the ability to work within strict time-frames and under pressure
- Diligent, with excellent attention to detail
- Numerate with an analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills
- Fast learning, with the ability to multitask and prioritise workload appropriately
- Smart, with concise and timely research skills and the ability to find solutions independently
Why should you work with us?
- Initial and ongoing training provided in the dynamic and rapidly evolving Fintech space
- Opportunities for professional growth and career progression in a multi-national, global company
- Multi-cultural workplace, with 12+ nationalities represented (and counting!)
- Fantastic working environment, with:
- Light, bright offices in the centre of Málaga (which include a large terrace and a football table!)
- Business casual dress code
- Social events including monthly team building activities and bi-annual parties
- Coffee, fresh fruit and cereal for breakfast provided daily