Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Headquartered in London & with offices across Europe opening in Dubai, North America and APAC, we empower businesses that want to trade and transact internationally. We drive innovation through technology, providing businesses with the tools they need to manage their international trade and support their growth, including import lending, currency and risk products, and payment and collection facilities.
The talent of our 700+ multicultural staff, combined with our cutting-edge technology, tailored product range, and exceptional customer service, has enabled us to double in size year after year. Today we have 18 offices across the world, with even more exciting expansion plans to come.
Even through our tremendous growth, we maintain a vibrant and enjoyable company culture, and those who excel in our highly meritocratic and fast-paced environment will be generously rewarded.
Are you ready to disrupt financial services?
Ebury is looking to add a full-time Backend Developer to our Data team in Madrid. The candidate will have experience of working with and in agile teams that are both local and remote, with the responsibility of CI and deployment processes. The candidate will have worked previously in data obsessed organisations or companies directly involved in supplying data analysis and manipulation solutions. The candidate will be used to utilising open source and off the shelf tools where valuable to delivery.
Skills and requirements
- Full stack development: systems, back end and front end e.g. Python/Django/Postgres stack.
- Nginx, Gunicorn, uWSGI, Apache, mod_wsgi.
- Task Queue Systems: Celery, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ etc.
- Has built Continuous Integration with Jenkins, unit tests, Git, PIP and quality tools like SonarQube.
- Daily work with Ubuntu / Debian or other linux distributions
- Experience with AWS infrastructure tools e.g. Redshift, Dynamodb, RDS, Data Pipeline, API gateway and ElastiCache.
- Experience with other cloud based big data tooling and a demonstrable understanding of the pros and cons in applying these, preferably Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, Dataflow, App Engine), Cloudera, Spark.
- Manipulating and processing of both structured and unstructured data.
- The use of ETL technologies to connect and extract from multiple data sources via, SOAP, REST, web scraping or file based endpoints.
- Education: BS in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent experience.
Experience of the following would be beneficial
- Other Python Web Frameworks as web2py, Flask, Pyramid, Tastypie, etc.
- Other relational databases: MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle, etc.
- Other storage systems: ElasticSearch, Memcached, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc
- Experience with Virtualenv, PIP, South, Polymorphic, Haystack and other Python/Django utilities.
- Deployment: Ansible, CloudFormation.
- Agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban or similar.
- Debugging tools: logging, pdb, debug-toolbar, etc.
- Other Linux Distributions as Ubuntu Server, Debian, CentOS, RedHat, etc.
- Tracker systems: Atlassian Jira or similar