Junior Risk Analyst
Junior Risk Analyst
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Headquartered in London & with offices across Europe opening in Dubai, North America and APAC, we empower businesses that want to trade and transact internationally. We drive innovation through technology, providing businesses with the tools they need to manage their international trade and support their growth, including import lending, currency and risk products, and payment and collection facilities.
The talent of our 700+ multicultural staff, combined with our cutting-edge technology, tailored product range, and exceptional customer service, has enabled us to double in size year after year. Today we have 18 offices across the world, with even more exciting expansion plans to come.
Even through our tremendous growth, we maintain a vibrant and enjoyable company culture, and those who excel in our highly meritocratic and fast-paced environment will be generously rewarded.
Are you ready to disrupt financial services?
Our lending is powered by business insight. The risk analyst will undertake a thorough rigorous analysis of the SME businesses looking to take our services. This will include an assessment of their markets, financials, products, activities and cash headroom modelling. The person will be expected to prepare a submission into our Credit Committee with results and recommendations. And also contribute to the development of automated risk modelling.
- Analyse businesses financials, operations and trade cycles to understand fundamental business health and inherent credit risk
- Analyse company structure, directors and activity to understand fraud risk
- Synthesise and present analysis to the Credit Committee and senior leadership and help with risk decision making
- Formalise risk decisions into insights that could be automated, and see through implementation
- Monitoring the existing Client Portfolio and assessing new requests from existing clients
- Quantitative bachelor and/or master degree – Accounting, finance, or similar (essential)
- Fluency in English is essential
- Native English/Dutch/German/French/Polish/Italian/Portuguese speaker
- Background in accounting, risk analysis and/or statistics desirable
- Analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in understanding how businesses work and perform
- Clear, concise communication style
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and result-oriented team environment
- Working knowledge of Excel essential, VBA/Macros desirable